Sign in to follow this  
Ehren

New site: IPSFocus 2015

Welcome to the newly redesigned IPSFocus. The new design has been in development for a while in preparation for IPS.Suite 4.x.

The new layout tries to place focus (no pun intended) on the content by being minimalistic in design. The header sticks to the top for easy access like the older version, and the entire site (including the forums) will become responsive once the forums are upgraded.

In an attempt to make browsing this site a unique experience, the header has also been given a few small visual features, depending on what browser you are using. In firefox, the content behind the header will become blurred. In other browsers, the content will subtly fade away behind the header (and in Chrome, the content behind the header will turn greyscale before hiding). All very subtle, but unique none the less. :)

Regarding 4.x themes, my development board is now successfully running the latest version (currently 4.0.6.1) and I'm finally able to make progress on themes since bugs with the theme system are gradually being resolved. I'm currently waiting on 2 minor bugs to be fixed, and the themes will be good to go! Updates will be posted on these forums, facebook and twitter. :)

** The header effect in Firefox is fairly intensive and may cause lag when scrolling depending on your PC/laptop. To disable this effect, click "Performance mode" at the bottom of this site. :)

• Like 4

personally im not fan of fluid

It becomes fixed once you reach a certain resolution :) Same as the old design.

Looks awesome, clean, easy to read and modern. Good job!

(...) Regarding 4.x themes, my development board is now successfully running the latest version (currently 4.0.6.1) (...)

How did you manage to squish the paths bug? I suffer from that on test upgrade installs with every 4.x version... And I wanted my community to have something to test and try to break before possible upgrade ;)

This looks amazing!

Resizing the browser causes the layout to break. It appears there's no minimum width, or my browser is just ignoring it.

Windows 8.1, Chrome 43.

• Like 1

Looks awesome, clean, easy to read and modern. Good job!

How did you manage to squish the paths bug? I suffer from that on test upgrade installs with every 4.x version... And I wanted my community to have something to test and try to break before possible upgrade ;)

I had to contact support.. they weren't able to explain the solution though since they said it varied depending on how the issue was originally caused.

This looks amazing!

Resizing the browser causes the layout to break. It appears there's no minimum width, or my browser is just ignoring it.

Windows 8.1, Chrome 43.

Min-width has been added to the forums, thanks :)

Min-width has been added to the forums, thanks :)

Perfect!

Blimey, if the new V4 skins look as good as this we're in for a treat!

• Like 1