Sign in to follow this  
Koby

4.1 and SkinBox

Question

4.1 is apparently pushed back to the end of October now...

How long do you think it'd be after release before most of the skins are updated?

Are we looking at the end of this year, or will it be 2016?

I'm definitely purchasing Subway and I'm thinking about Chameleon or Uniform possibly too. I'm also interested in Carbon.

I kind of feel like Chameleon and it's Dark counterpart should have been bundled together though. You've talked about Carbon being bundled whenever you get to it.

Also, on http://www.ipsfocus.com/theme_progress.php

I don't see any mention of Skinbox themes....

What are the chances of upgrades for or statuses on Brave & Source?

I'm ready to buy (got the cash waiting), just waiting on the upgrades.

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I can't start any work on upgrades until 4.1 final (non-beta) is released by IPS. The beta versions cannot be upgraded to final, so I can't get started on the beta's either.

The themes will be upgraded as soon as I'm able to get started.. however as always, I do not announce release dates due to unexpected delays (such as 4.1) ;)

The Chameleon themes have significant code changes which is why they aren't included as one theme. The Carbon theme will have "unlimited themes bundled together" since the colour will be modifiable via a theme setting.

The progress list isn't complete.. I'll be adding themes to it over time - but the skinbox ones will come after the ipsfocus ones.

Hopefully that helps!

• Like 1

Hello,

I can't start any work on upgrades until 4.1 final (non-beta) is released by IPS. The beta versions cannot be upgraded to final, so I can't get started on the beta's either.

The themes will be upgraded as soon as I'm able to get started.. however as always, I do not announce release dates due to unexpected delays (such as 4.1) ;)

The Chameleon themes have significant code changes which is why they aren't included as one theme. The Carbon theme will have "unlimited themes bundled together" since the colour will be modifiable via a theme setting.

The progress list isn't complete.. I'll be adding themes to it over time - but the skinbox ones will come after the ipsfocus ones.

Hopefully that helps!

Yeah I know you'd have to wait for IPS like everyone. I just meant that if they do in fact put it out by the end of October, could we possibly expect any 4.1 skins before the end of the year? Without giving any actual release date: typically how long do you have to spend on a skin update?

So basically I shouldn't expect any Skinbox skins at all until every single IPSFocus skin on that progress page is up-to-date?

Ah alright. I figured Chameleon Light vs. Dark only differed with some CSS changes. That makes sense then.

Thanks!

Also my friend said something about him having bought some skins here during the free promotion that says 'free 4.x upgrade' however he claims he hasn't been given the ability to download the 4.x version despite the skin in question being upgraded. I guess he should be the one to ask about it though. I don't even remember which skin it was he said.

The 4.1 will come as fast as I can do them.. but yes, by the end of the year for sure. I plan on dedicating pretty much all of my time to them, but I'll want to make sure they're perfect - so they won't be rushed. :)

Your friend purchased his themes back in August 2013. The free upgrades only apply to orders from July 2014 (a whole year after his order). There was definitely no promotion at the time of his order. :)

• Like 1

The 4.1 will come as fast as I can do them.. but yes, by the end of the year for sure. I plan on dedicating pretty much all of my time to them, but I'll want to make sure they're perfect - so they won't be rushed. :)

Your friend purchased his themes back in August 2013. The free upgrades only apply to orders from July 2014 (a whole year after his order). There was definitely no promotion at the time of his order. :)

It's good to hear.

Alright, I'll let him know. I didn't know when he purchased and I guess he misunderstood and assumed it was for everyone who had purchased the skin rather than people who had purchased it after the promotion was added or something. =)

• Like 1