Sign in to follow this  
Hans Ludwig

Villian: Light Theme

Question

I've gotten a few PMs from frequent forum members that have asked me if I can install a lighter a version of the Villain theme because they don't like darket themes. That got me wondering: can ipsfocus create one using the following colors found at http://forums.joinsquad.com/?%C2'> I believe the hex color is #eaeaea. I believe that is just the right color, not too dark and not like staring into the sun like most white themes give you.

7 answers to this question

Hello,

There are currently no plans to create a light version - however if I run out of ideas in the future, I'll be happy to add it to my list :)

Custom modifications are priced at $80/hour - so it just depends how long the changes take. :)

I'm interested in it. Is there an option in the settings?

If not then maybe an option for me or another member to do it themselves.

Changing Villain into a light theme will require considerable time and a lot of code modifications. A light version may come in the future, but it is not a service which is currently being offered.

Changing Villain into a light theme will require considerable time and a lot of code modifications. A light version may come in the future, but it is not a service which is currently being offered.

Would you mind if someone were to say, do it as a side project and submit it to you for review/release at your leisure?

You are welcome to create your own light version if you are comfortable, however it can only be used on your site and not resold or distributed elsewhere.

The themes sold on this site will only be developed by myself since my framework theme needs to be used, but the idea is appreciated. :)