How to install and upgrade themes

• 4 months later...
On 4/6/2015 at 8:42 PM, Ehren said:

1. To install the Parent theme, go to Admin Cpanel > Customization > Themes. At the top right, click the + Add Theme button. Im new to this where do i go please help

On 4/6/2015 at 8:42 PM, Ehren said:

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, talerchen said:

Hello,

Whe can install the Them in newest Version v4.5.4.2?

All me Themes is in default light blue 😞

can i found here a tutorial?

Hello,

Are you following the instructions in this tutorial? They are up-to-date and work with 4.5.x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Upload the updated one as a new theme and then copy over the settings from the old one. Ehren and most theme makers would recommend installing the theme as new on software upgrades like 4.5x, 4.6.x and so on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PavlivGroup said:

After upgrading to version 4.6.0, it gives the following error:

How to fix?

Have you upgraded your software to 4.6.0 as well?

The 4.6 themes will not work on Invision Community 4.5

2 hours ago, Feneroin said:

Hello @Ehren

I have uploaded 4.6 theme creating child theme but on main theme, it's still show "Update available" it's normal?

460.PNG

Hello,

Did you update the parent theme? When you update the parent theme, the child theme will automatically update too.

Updating the child theme (instead of the parent theme) is the incorrect method.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Jan38 said:

Hi Ehren, when i update IPS first to V 4.6 and after that the theme (Uniform) does the theme update retain the settings from the 4.5 version of the theme?

Yeah, theme settings will be retained from your 4.5 version. 

2 hours ago, Jan38 said:

Hi Ehren,

In the theme settings i see buttons with almost every css setting that shows 'revert' if i revert all does the theme operate in standard mode (as you deliver the theme) or what does this?

Clicking revert will reset those values back to the default Invision values, so it’s not usually recommended..

2 hours ago, Ehren said:

Clicking revert will reset those values back to the default Invision values, so it’s not usually recommended..

That's clear to me 🙂

I have an issue, the amount of pages displayed on top of a discussion is hardly to be seen on my community, i thought that this reverting might be a solution.

If i want to have the theme installed fresh (a reset) so the theme will display like it is created by you should i unstall and then re install or is there another method?

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, fhazal said:

i already update the core theme, should i upload the new theme to my child theme that i create when installing the theme or no need?

You only need to upgrade the parent theme. The child theme will inherit the changes 🙂

• 4 months later...
Guest Stormwolfe

Is it still best to create child themes. I am using Dimension Pro so have a light and a dark theme for my users.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

So, I don't know what I am missing here. On the parent theme I clicked upload new version, and I thought the child theme was supposed inherit the changes, but it's still showing an update is available. What am I doing wrong?

11.thumb.jpg.9bacbadb338a78a8d20b2468713159f5.jpg

It's odd though since on the site it's showing that it did update:

:root {
    --ipsfocus-version: "4.7.10";
    --ipsfocus-date: "May 10, 2023";
}