Sign in to follow this  
Qwertey

I bought a skin and now i'm confused

I have recently purchased a skin hoping I would be able to make my forum, but I have no idea how. Please can someone link me to what i should do next or what I need to do? Thanks.

Hello,

You must first install Invision Power Board (which is the forum software). These skins are simply designs which change the layout/colours of Invision Power Board. You will be able to use them once your software has been installed. :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. How will I be able to use my own domain to connect? Like mydomain.com/forums

Edit: I noticed that it is going to cost me $20 a month which is too much for me at the moment. Is there any way around this like another software i can use?

Thank you for the reply. How will I be able to use my own domain to connect? Like mydomain.com/forums

Edit: I noticed that it is going to cost me $20 a month which is too much for me at the moment. Is there any way around this like another software i can use?

Hi,

You'll need to contact Invision if you have any presale questions regarding their software :)

The themes on this site are only compatible with IP.Board. There are alternative scripts, but these designs will not work with them. Most good scripts are commercial - there are a few free ones but I've never used them so unfortunately I can't suggest anything beyond IP.Board :unsure: