Ehren

New IPB Theme: Dispersion + Free 4.x update

New IPB Theme: Dispersion

After a small halt in new premade skins (due to the pending release of IP.Suite 4.x), I decided to finally create and release a new theme which will be upgraded to 4.x when it's available.

macbook.jpg

Dispersion features an animated gradient background image which is randomized on each page load and overlayed by an image of your choice. The gradient is both created and animated (in compatible browsers) using css and your visitors are given the option of using a greyscale background by clicking a simple toggle button. The header collapses on-scroll, and stays at the top of the screen for easy access.

For screenshots and a live demo, visit the Dispersion theme page. This new theme follows the new pricing structure for 4.x themes, and is priced at $30.00 with $10.00 renewal fee's every 6 months. If you purchase this theme for 3.x, you will receive a free upgrade for 4.x (assuming your subscription is still valid). Click the "Pricing Information" button on the skin page for more information. :)

Feedback for the current version and suggestions for the 4.x version are appreciated and welcomed as always!

• Like 5

gag.jpg

Yeah, but Ehren has stated he'd be releasing all new skins here. No new skins will be at Skinbox; just updates to the current ones.

He said he'd like to merge the two sites together, but it's too much hassle or something.

Is there a way to remove the random-ness and set it to a specific color or even offer user-selection?

If this was possible... I might consider getting the skin and changing the white to something else.

Is there a way to remove the random-ness and set it to a specific color or even offer user-selection?

If this was possible... I might consider getting the skin and changing the white to something else.

The randomness can be removed and a specific colour can be chosen, but user selection is not offered.

• Like 2

The randomness can be removed and a specific colour can be chosen, but user selection is not offered.

I really like your design and inspiration... You always inspire me. :) I learned lots of things since I'm on your site.

• Like 1

Yep - it's controlled by css (with a fallback image for browsers which don't support them), so the colours can be adjusted very easily.

If you need help doing this once you have purchased the theme, I'll be happy to help you in the Customer forum. :)

one last question before I buy it! What about the mobile devices? Will they use the default mobile skin of ipboard?

Hope I will not get you frustrated with my noob questions, after I buy it ahahha

• Like 1

The skin hasn't been optimised for mobiles, but it will be once IPS.Suite 4.x has been released. :)

I would suggest enabling the mobile IPB skin in the mean time.