Sign in to follow this  
apalmer

Animate

Question

I was just wondering before purchase.

Is it possible to change the animated image to a larger hight say 250px with my own banner and can the position of the nav bar and search bar be moved lower if you have a higher banner image.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Hi apalmer,

You just need to edit the height of those div's in the stylesheet - pretty easy to modify. :) The animated effect works with any image height.

Adjusting the position of the nav bar and search is just as easy. :)

Thanks for your response just one more quick question.

I am just wondering if you know if this mod (DP33) Forum Icons 2.0.1 will work with the animate skin. As there are reports on the support topic that it does not. I know this is not your mod and you would possibly not look into things like this. Just wondering if you have any experience with it.

Or is it possible to set different forum, catogery icons for the skin.

Thanks

Hi,

The Animate has extensive modifications to the index page, so I would imagine there would be some issues. I have recently coded my own "custom forum icons" feature which will be added to all 3.4.x skins. If you don't mind waiting until 3.4.x is released, a solution will be available then. :)

I can try implementing the DP33 code, but unfortunately cannot guarantee anything since I haven't used it before.

Actually if you could have a look at the mod and see if it is possible to get it to work. I am sure you are very busy and would be happy to pay a little extra for this.

Or is it possible to have the animated banner feature on the deflection skin as a freind of mine has this and the mods works on that skin.

The code changes work, you just need to slightly modify them (the Animate skin uses div's instead of tables). Apart from the <td> code, the rest will work.. so just find the code for the image (f_icon.png) and replace it with the respective code. :)

If you are unable to do this, I'll post instructions in the customer area once you've purchased. ;)