Ehren

New IPB Skin: Gridlock

Hi everyone,

Just a quick introduction for the latest skin on this site, Gridlock. Gridlock is a highly customizable IPB skin and comes with a grid layout for the index page with css3 enhanced animations. There are plenty of settings which allow you to easily enable/disable features, and there is already a tutorial in the customer area explaining all of the options. :)

The skin is packed full of features and has some very unique effects including "hidden content" behind the header, and folding forum images. Take a look at the Gridlock skin page which contains a link to the live demo.

widescreen.jpg

Feedback welcome as always!

• Like 2

Nice looking skin Ehren. :) You don't happen to have a screenshot to show what it would look like with the grid format disabled do you? Just so we could see the front page with it switched to "no". Great work though!

• Like 1

"Individual forum icons

Customize the icons for each forum, allowing for easier identification. Easy to add your own, with instructions provided once purchased."

I'm sorry to be the negative guy here but I didn't get a single instruction when I purchased this. Not even a text file in the download where I could find some sort of help on how to edit and/or change setting in the skin.

I registered here just to buy this skin and some others for other sites but now I wont. Lack of instructions and false information is not very appealing.

"Individual forum icons

Customize the icons for each forum, allowing for easier identification. Easy to add your own, with instructions provided once purchased."

I'm sorry to be the negative guy here but I didn't get a single instruction when I purchased this. Not even a text file in the download where I could find some sort of help on how to edit and/or change setting in the skin.

I registered here just to buy this skin and some others for other sites but now I wont. Lack of instructions and false information is not very appealing.

on your FTP server you will see a folder called /public/style_images/gridlock/forum_images/ in side are files 1.jpg 2.jpg ETC ETC

you need to find the forum ID and then rename the image to the forum id so if you had a forum id of say 29 you would rename the picture you want to use as 29.jpg

"Individual forum icons

Hello,

There is a very extensive tutorial regarding Gridlock in the customer forum which includes instructions on how to add your own custom forum icons: http://www.ipbforumskins.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5298-gridlock-customizing-features/

Ever any plans for a dark version of this? Amazing skin!

I'm a client over on Skinbox, currently using Warrior and Blood.

There are currently no plans for a dark version, but a dark grid-type skin is always a possibility in the future. :)

• Like 1

There are currently no plans for a dark version, but a dark grid-type skin is always a possibility in the future. :)

Please, how to translate these two things?

4gjS.jpg

and

nBhl.jpg

And look that when im not logged in my forum the effect avatar is lost and look the avatar is misplaced.

gVO0c.jpg

Thank you!

Hello,

You are not listed as a customer and have not purchased the skin. Any support questions need to be posted in the customer area. Please remove the skin from your site as you do not have permission to use it.

I guess it could be possible, but I would advise against it. :) The grid layout should only be used for forums (like it currently is), OR categories as long as the forums are placed back into rows like the default skin.