Sign in to follow this  
wind0ws

[info] IPB Skin: Carbon Green

Question

Hi,

My friend purchased the carbon green skin for ipb forums 3.2. I was wondering if this skin is compatible witht he new ipb 3.3.x range, and if porting the skin over with our current forums would be a service provided by you guys? At the time he purchased the carbon green skin for v 3.2.x, I am considering re - purchasing for 3.3.x.

I want to make this purchase asap, so an urgent response would be appreciated.

PS: Do you guys have a live support we can chat with?

3 answers to this question

Hi wind0ws,

Existing 3.2.x customers have access to the 3.3.x versions of the skin (which you'll need to use if you're running IPB 3.3.x).

Invision offer a free upgrade service (for IP.Board). Once the board has been upgraded, you can install the 3.3.x version of the skin. Any existing modifications which were made to the 3.2.x skin will need to be redone.

There isn't a live chat as such, but any questions are answered as soon as I read them if they're posted on the forums. :)

Hope that helps!

This is our community http://www.endlessgamers.com. As you can see we tried out the 3.2 skin to see if the modifications we needed could be made. We now would like to purchase the 3.3.x updated version of the skin but we want to transfer the modifications made to the new skin.

Is there any update method or support from you to carry across these changes so we will not have to redo them all over again once the 3.3 version of the skin is installed?

Due to the skinning system in IPB, any changes which you made to the 3.2.x skin will need to be redone once you install the 3.3.x version.

Alternatively, you can manually upgrade the skin yourself from 3.2.x to 3.3.x, however after looking at your changes, your best bet would be to install a fresh 3.3.x version, and redo your edits.

This is not a service which is currently offered here.