Sign in to follow this  
coolthud

Spectrum

Hi,

Firstly, can I just say I am literally blown away by your Spectrum skin. I've NEVER seen a skin on any board or system that could that before, and it makes life so much easier for us skinning-plebs who cannot do anything remotely skinny for our forums. lol. :D

Anyways, I've got a quick question or two about Spectrum.

1. The color chooser - can that be made Admin only so the members see only the colour the site owner wants them to see? (ie to help the board tie in with an existing website theme?)

2. I think it says the logo is currently HTML on there. Can it still be a transparent PNG as my logo has a graphical mascot on it which I'd like to keep there.

Many thanks! :D

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks very much - glad you like it. :)

To answer your questions..

1. The colour picker is client-side. This means that if you change the colour using the colour picker, it will only change the colour for you. It will not change the colour for any other members. The choice is saved via cookies on your computer, so it's not possible to use the colour picker to set the default colour for other members. You can however edit the skin files to change the default colour for all members (there's a tutorial in the customer area). There's also a tutorial for removing the colour picker.

2. Yes, a png image can be used instead of HTML text. Once again, a tutorial already exists for that. :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks Ehren! Thats very interesting. I've just submitted a quote request, so once I hear back from that I can start planning my finances to see when I do this. Am looking forward to it. :D