Sign in to follow this  
N1K

Registration-bot

Question

While I was registering I saw new field where I have to confirm that I'm not a bot and enter some lines..

Can you guys tell me where can I found that hack for the forum, or if it isn't a hack what should I do to have this on my registration window..?

Thank you..

7 answers to this question

Yes, it is. However, It really doesn't do much, because bots usually will not edit their profiles, so all that field does is disable bots use of editing their profile. Therefor, having it installed will not stop bots from joining..

It's a custom field which HAS to be filled in as "LLL-NNN" (L: letter, N: number). If it's not filled out like that, it doesn't work. Bots can't read the requirements, so they fill it in as random letters and words, and it therefore doesnt work for them ;)

So yes, it works like a charm for the bots that can pass image validation. :thumbs:

It's a custom field which HAS to be filled in as "LLL-NNN" (L: letter, N: number). If it's not filled out like that, it doesn't work. Bots can't read the requirements, so they fill it in as random letters and words, and it therefore doesnt work for them ;)

So yes, it works like a charm for the bots that can pass image validation. :good:

Humm, I can create a new field, but don't know where to put "LLL-NNN" what has to be typed..

Can you please explain ghost?

Thx