Sign in to follow this  
albinoAZN

My first IPB Skin

It's not too bad for a first :) My first one was quite basic, kinda similar to that :P

Then my second skin was for Pixel2Life.

Then I moved onto five custom skins; one for an oil mining company (or something similar to that), one for a blog site, one for my brother and two for me :P

Then after those, I moved onto the Dimension series, a new skin coming up, and this current one :D

thanks.

wow, i can't believe that P2L was only your second skin. That one is great! i realize you only plugged in most of the images, but the coding in it is very good. Do you have any pointers for my skin?

also, what are you doing up as late as me? you should be asleep! :P

thanks.

wow, i can't believe that P2L was only your second skin. That one is great! i realize you only plugged in most of the images, but the coding in it is very good. Do you have any pointers for my skin?

also, what are you doing up as late as me? you should be asleep! :P

I think the main thing you should do is make the skin more unique and different to the default skin. This isnt always a bad thing, but some of the classes in your skin seem a little similar to the default skin :unsure: Also, one other thing that seems a little weird is the maintitle links. They are positioned at the top of the category headers...I'm not sure if that was intentional, but I think it would look good in the middle :) And if your planning on releasing the skin, it's probably best to make all the graphics, instead of keeping some default images there, like on this page. :o

Apart from those though, it looks good to me :)

And I live in Australia, so the time differences will throw times off a little :)

ok thanks. I don't plan on releasing it, it's just a skin for my website. I don't plan on making skins to sell until i get really good.. about as good as.....YOU. lol. But yea, you're right, i did leave a lot of css the same; Purposely. About the maintitle, I didn't to anything to the alignment of the text, so i just assumed that it placed it as near the center as it could.

As for those images, i completely forgot! thanks for pointing that out.

I used to skin invisionfree as a hobby, then, when i upgraded to real IPB, I decided i would give it a go. Here is my very first IPB skin.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

My First Skin!

Really good for first, I just don't like the grey :/