Ehren

Once 3.1 (final) is released...

Hi everyone,

The IP.Board 3.1 beta was recently released for all current Invision customers. All current 3.0.x skins will not be entirely compatible with 3.1 due to some of the new features and layout changes. As a result, there will be a bit of work required when upgrading the skins.

The order of priority once 3.1 final has been released is as follows:

1. All premade skins will be upgraded from 3.0.x to 3.1.x. The 3.0 versions will still be available if anyone needs them, however bug fixes may no longer apply since that version will be essentially out-dated.

2. Custom jobs which have already been designed (ie. if I have already finished your mock-up) and are waiting for 3.1.x will be coded next

3. Finally, all new custom jobs (ie. skins which have not yet been designed) will be started once all earlier custom jobs are finished.

• Like 1

will u also create a dual column skin :) based on a current made skin like checkerek or overlay?

maybe nice to start a poll for customers to see if any interest

Ehren do you plan to "skin" the Mobile version of the 3.1 version?

By "skin" I mean, just a color change to match our primary skin's color... For example, I have purchased the Blueberry skin. So, will there be a color matching of the blueberry to the original mobile skin?

Not exactly, no.

However, I do plan on making an iPhone styled design based on the mobile version :)

I may do free colour variations of the mobile skin in the future incase anyone's interested, but the iPhone one may involve a bit of work and will be a paid skin.. cheaper than regular premades though. :)

• Like 1

I think I might do Overlay first since it's one of the more popular skins.. I don't want to give any timeframes since people may start to get a little anxious if their skin isn't released on time.

I think the best way for the upgrades is to start the skins from scratch because there seem to be too many changes to have a smooth upgrade. I'd prefer to make them from scratch and make sure there are no bugs instead of trying to upgrade them and find bugs in the future. I'll aim to have them all upgraded within the first week of 3.1, but that's just a rough estimate.

• Like 3

Thank you for your honest answer. Quality is better than quantity. :-)

I hope it will also be possible to "squeeze" the 3.1 version to 970 px.