4.7.2 compatibility ??

ccolson

No hurry ...  I have since read about the potential magnitude of the PHP 8 change issues . I have other 3rd party apps that potentially will need updating .  I'm sure those will take much, much longer than Ehren to provide compatibility  😀.     

So I'm in a holding pattern until the dust settles.

18 minutes ago, ccolson said:

I have other 3rd party apps that potentially will need updating .  I'm sure those will take much, much longer than Ehren to provide compatibility  😀.     

Right. Third-party plugins and apps are a totally different story. There are no PHP restrictions in Ehren's themes and in general PHP errors should not be related to the themes unless you use a third-party item hooking a theme. For a comparison this topic:

OK good to know .. but my point was/is still that those non standard IPS items from other developers that I have, which will need remediation,  will most likely take much longer .  So, for me, Ehern's potential template update will most likely be available much sooner than I'll need it.  Ehern always is super up to date on anything needed

LOL. ... yeah I'd seen that ... but  "at your own risk" sounds very encouraging ... particularly since those communities such as mine that are cloud based have a much more difficult and timely process to restore a previous image/backup if the "risk" ends up affecting the overall normal operation of the site. 

As well, it would seem to me to be a bit unprofessional if certain functions of my site were to stop working with an unknown restore time if disabling was actually the only option.

Went through this before back on one of the earlier IPS updates... as then, I'll wait and monitor my other developer apps/plugins for their sign off on the new version and do a mass migration then. 

• Like 1

i tried to update for

i tried and saw that Incompatible Themes Some of your themes are not compatible with the version you are upgrading to because they include modifications to templates and/or CSS files which this version needs to update. If you obtained the affected themes from a designer you should contact them to ask if a new version of the themes are available for this version. If there is, continue with the upgrade and then update the themes after. If there is not an update available, you may want to remove those themes or wait until new versions are available before proceeding. If you modified the affected themes yourself, you can use the links below to review your customisations. If the customisations are no longer required, you can revert them, otherwise you will need to incorporate the changes made by the version you are upgrading to. For more details on the theme changes in this version, see the Theme Differences Documentation.

Titan core → front → global → userBar Titan core → front → global → userBar

Brave core → front → global → userBar forums → front → forums → forumDisplay forums → front → topics → topic Brave core → front → global → userBar forums → front → forums → forumDisplay forums → front → topics → topic Spectrum core → front → global → userBar

Spectrum core → front → global → userBar Tip: When viewing a template or CSS file from one of the links above, select Show Default from the dropdown to compare your customisations with the default for the current version.

and i updated brave theme before so i stopped the update for 4.7.2 ipboard

any helps ?