ProAnaOnline

Turning off FA icons on Nav Menu

Question

Using the Elegant theme (v. 4.3) a year ago it appeared that font awesome icons were hard-coded into the desktop nav menu (in front of the text) and not able to be turned off. For example, the default (font awesome camera) icon I wanted to get rid of in order to use my chosen icon (font awesome background picture) as configured in the IPS menu.

324576538_ScreenShot2019-07-02at7_30_59AM.png.0d5c87058497df903d616ffd82f47c44.png

If I upgrade to v. 4.4.4.1 is this still he case?

I believe back then I had to modify the CSS to get rid of them. I want to renew now, but I don't have the desire to poke around and figure out where to get rid of them if there's not a switch in the current version configuration that let's me turn this off.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

33 minutes ago, ProAnaOnline said:

font awesome icons were hard-coded into the desktop nav menu (in front of the text) and not able to be turned off.

This has never been the case. The navigation icons have always been easy to remove :)

There's a tutorial on how to remove the navigation icons (visible to Customers only). It requires one line of css, so it's very easy to maintain.

• Thanks 1