Sign in to follow this  
Dean_

Titan theme, using transparent section title from Uniform

Question

Hi Ehren,

Can this be done via simple css methods? Just making my final decision on a new theme and looking at things that can be done/changed?

Also do you still run the $5 off additional theme?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi Dean,

The transparent effect in Uniform is actually a fake transparent effect, since it isn't possible to actually cut out elements using css.

The effect only works if the background of the site is a fixed image, covering the entire background:

background-size: cover;
background-attachment: fixed;

Titans background is usually static and has a gradient overlay, so for the effect to work, we'd need to remove the gradient and make the background fixed.

Since Titan is a little more heavy on effects compared to Uniform, the transparent category headers might increase the amount of scroll lag.. I'd only suggest doing the effect if absolutely necessary :)

And yep, the $5.00 discount is still offered for existing Customers. The price should be $25.00 for you instead of $30.00 :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ehren said:

And yep, the $5.00 discount is still offered for existing Customers. The price should be $25.00 for you instead of $30.00

Hi Ehren, this wasn't the case on my purchase of Titan.

7 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Hi Ehren, this wasn't the case on my purchase of Titan.

Apologies for that - I assumed you had purchased a 4.x theme already due to your Customer status. I didn't realise it was a 3.x theme.

The discounts apply for customers who have an active 4.x theme. If you check the prices on the main site now, they should be discounted to the $25.00 price. This discount will be applied as long as you have an active 4.x theme.

To apologise for the confusion, I've added $5.00 worth of credit to your account, which you can use for renewals or another theme. :)

• Thanks 1