Wiffleplop

Dimension Asset Details Needed

Question

Hi,

We're about to press "buy" on the Dimension theme, but we wanted to find out the sizings for assets such as the background, logo and so forth, so that our graphics artist can get his head around creating them at the correct sizes.  Additionally, we'd like to install the theme initially on a testing server to fine-tune the details before it goes live with our 19k+ members, in order to minimise disruption.  How could we go about this without breaching licensing or support criteria? 

Is it possible to have a different header picture for each category within the forum, as we have various genres that we would like to adapt the header picture to if possible, and the forum logo graphic too, if possible.  Can the location of the logo be changed from the top left of the header if required?  I'll get our graphics artist to sign up too once we've got a dialog going.

Any technical info you can supply would be appreciated, although we're not entirely sure WHAT info we need at this stage! :lol:

TIA

Mike.

7 answers to this question

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delay. 

The sizes for the header and logo are all configured via CSS, so you can essentially create them at any size and they will automatically adapt. There's no such real thing as "correct sizes" when it comes to responsive sites, since the images need to change in size depending on the devices screen size. 

Repositioning the logo is possible. It's possible to change the background image depending on the forum, but I'll need to look into it since I'm not sure for memory what code is required. I'm not sure how to change the logo though. 

You can install the theme on your live forum, and make it visible to admins (and mods) only. You're welcome to install it on a test server first, but it's probably just easiest doing it all on the one site. 

Hopefully that helps answer a few of your questions! Welcome to ipsfocus :) 

Thanks for the reply :) No apology needed.

The reason I ask about the change of logo positioning is that our current proposed design has a background pic that works better with the logo at the bottom of the header just above the menu ribbon.  I'd probably prefer to have it on a "dead" server for testing purposes, just in case we screw something up badly, as it can be a bit tricky to restor something when all the layout is screwy! :lol:

I do take what you mean on-board though.  The Mods only option could be useful once we've got everything laid out as we want it, in order to Release Candidate test it, as it were :)

8 hours ago, Wiffleplop said:

The reason I ask about the change of logo positioning is that our current proposed design has a background pic that works better with the logo at the bottom of the header just above the menu ribbon. 

The easiest way to do this would be to add transparent space above the logo in an image editor. It can be done with code though, if you prefer :)

1 hour ago, Wiffleplop said:

How do I get the "Customers Only" area opened up to me now I'm a customer? :)

Needless to say, I have lots of new questions!

Hello,

Your account has just been upgraded :)