Sign in to follow this  
aLpHa

Dispersion

Question

Dear Ehren,

is it possible to use any background photo for the theme or is there then a problem with the gradient effect? 

As well I use the "release notes" app/mod from IPS - but it is made for blank/white background and i think with the background it is not really readable anymore - is it possible to modify for this app/mod the background in the dispersion theme with the same background as it is in articles/pages?  
Would be great if you could assist me here after i have bought/purchased the theme?

Is the theme working with php 7 ?
(i use 7.02 with IPS suite without problems)

Thanks in advance & kind regards

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, aLpHa said:

The question was here if you could assist here after pruchase to make it perfect with Dispersion (i think it is only a css variable or a template from your theme must be assigned) - this is the only point where i think about it to buy or not the theme, i do not wana lose this mod/news section - because the styling of the theme is great i love it :) 

Yep, if you need assistance fixing Dispersion, I'll be happy to help :)

1 hour ago, aLpHa said:

I have one little question too - what i can find in the customer area at tutorials here - is there only something for special themes or also general ideas to get more out of the page? 

The tutorial area has theme specific tutorials (such as disabling the collapsing header in Chameleon, or changing the default colour scheme in Subway), as well as general tutorials such as configuring the background picker or social icons, etc.

• Like 1

Hello,

Yeah, normal images can be used for the background if necessary.

If mods/apps are coded correctly (ie. if they follow the coding pattern of other IPS apps), then they will work flawlessly with any theme. If they haven't been coded correctly, minor adjustments may be needed to fix them.

Themes are coded with html, css and javascript - and therefore aren't affected by php versions :)

Hope that helps!

Hello,

thanks for your fast reply. 

Yes if that mean that i can use there any of my pictures what i have made as background and the great more color gradient effect is also there - perfect :)

I have seen the usage of the "Relase notes" from IPS, it is from Rikki/IPS team made i think (i think a lot of IPS clients will use it in any form/way - for me it is for news) at an theme at an customer page of you / it was chamelon theme.
There was regarding the background/semi-transparent, the text not good readable anymore because the background effect is not high enough or made for white or dark  - Dispersion is here similar and as you know IPS does not give any support for code mods with own wishes or regarding other themes which is not the default.

The question was here if you could assist here after pruchase to make it perfect with Dispersion (i think it is only a css variable or a template from your theme must be assigned) - this is the only point where i think about it to buy or not the theme, i do not wana lose this mod/news section - because the styling of the theme is great i love it :) 

I hope it was clear enough now ^^ ;)

I have one little question too - what i can find in the customer area at tutorials here - is there only something for special themes or also general ideas to get more out of the page?