Dispersion for IPS.Suite 4.1.x

Ehren

Dispersion for IPS.Suite 4.1.x

Dispersion was originally released for IPB 3.4.x. It has now been released for 4.1.x and features an animated gradient background image which is randomized on each page load, overlaid by an image of your choice. The gradient is both created and animated (in compatible browsers) using css and your visitors are given the option of using a greyscale background by clicking a simple toggle button. New in 4.x, users can now pause the animation if desired, as well as choose their own background image from a preset array. The header collapses on-scroll, and stays at the top of the screen for easy access.

post-1-0-62269400-1447293438_thumb.jpg

The 4.x upgrade is free for all existing subscribers of the 3.4.x version.

Would there possibly be anyway of setting the color gradient to a specific gradient and turning off the random & pausing feature?

Also is the ability there to easily change the background options to different backgrounds or is that something that doesn't have an option and therefore require some edits?

Would there possibly be anyway of setting the color gradient to a specific gradient and turning off the random & pausing feature?

This is possible, but it would require a few modifications first..

Also is the ability there to easily change the background options to different backgrounds or is that something that doesn't have an option and therefore require some edits?

The theme has a background picker (which allows you to edit the semi-transparent image that overlays your gradient).

If you want to use standard images, I'd suggest using a different theme such as Chameleon (which is identical in terms of layout). Dispersion's main feature is the animated gradient, so if you don't need it, another theme may be more suitable. :)

If you want to use standard images, I'd suggest using a different theme such as Chameleon (which is identical in terms of layout).

There's still differences though, namely the navigation which is one line in Dispersion and floats with the page. While Chameleon has a double navigation and it's the user-bar that floats.

There's still differences though, namely the navigation which is one line in Dispersion and floats with the page. While Chameleon has a double navigation and it's the user-bar that floats.

The double line navigation is a setting. Changing the location of the navigation and user bar requires a few HTML and css modifications, but is likely easier than modifying Dispersion's entire background system ;)

Dear Ehren,

the style is great !

I am absolute interessted to buy it - but one question before:

Is it possible to get the main navigation similar as in style Specturm or as in IPS standard style (when you switch on "browse" that i open in a second row - i think the space is there in Dispersion?) and not as pull down menu ?

But to keep the good "header collapses on-scroll" effect :)

All other looks really good - thank you very much in advance for your reply :)

Kind regards

The sticky header effect will need to be disabled if you want the "standard" navigation menu, since there won't be enough room for two lines (and it's not a great idea to have a bulky, sticky header).

I tried to put the theme into the cart - but when i do it then there is not Dispersion - it shows "Chameleon 3.x + 4.x"

Thanks for letting me know, all fixed!