IPSfocus and 4.1.x

Ehren

I've just upgraded to 4.1.2 and have run into two theme-breaking bugs. I've reported both bugs and have contacted Matt directly.

Maybe hold off on the upgrades if possible, since it'll likely break your themes. Hoping for a fix asap!

Does this delay your work on upgrading Chameleon (and other themes), or do you still expect to have it ready soon regardless of whether or not Invision fixes the theme-breaking bugs first?

I'm kind of confused regarding the update path @Ehren is taking. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it based on the release date of the 4.x skins? I mean, that just seems logical to me. Maybe I'm just complaining because I'm impatient and have animate, but why are you doing it based off of community feedback in this thread? Seems a little unorganized to me. :wacko:

p.s - Animate vote.

Is there a clear benefit in releasing 4.1.x themes in the same order as the 4.0.x themes? The 3.x > 4.x upgrades weren't done in the same order as they were originally released, they were done on popularity :)

Does this delay your work on upgrading Chameleon (and other themes), or do you still expect to have it ready soon regardless of whether or not Invision fixes the theme-breaking bugs first?

I'll need to spend the next hour or so fixing up my development board and framework theme, and I'll be able to get started on the others. It's pretty frustrating not only for you all, but also for me since these bugs are entirely out of my control (and are severely affect the efficiency at which I can upgrade themes)..

Is there a clear benefit in releasing 4.1.x themes in the same order as the 4.0.x themes? The 3.x > 4.x upgrades weren't done in the same order as they were originally released, they were done on popularity :)

I'll need to spend the next hour or so fixing up my development board and framework theme, and I'll be able to get started on the others. It's pretty frustrating not only for you all, but also for me since these bugs are entirely out of my control (and are severely affect the efficiency at which I can upgrade themes)..

It's an pain, that when they release the next update, like the 4.1.2, it messed up the theme badly. Just hopefully that 4.1.3 wouldn't do that. Have you thought about getting more team members? I only see you!!

It's an pain, that when they release the next update, like the 4.1.2, it messed up the theme badly. Just hopefully that 4.1.3 wouldn't do that. Have you thought about getting more team members? I only see you!!

To be honest, I'd rather do the themes myself. I don't trust other designers as much as myself especially when it's my responsibility to support the themes (I'd hate to employ another designer, only to find out they reduce the quality of support on this site).

With regards to moderators on these forums, most members are well behaved and don't require any moderating. Spam doesn't exist, and there aren't really any moderating duties needed. :)

Hey guys,

So I just installed the Villain theme for 4.1.x and for some reason, people cannot post or edit anything. The text box is blank and you cannot type in it.

Please use the support category if you're having any issues. This topic is just for announcements. :)

I don't envy you during upgrade releases. I can only imagine how much work it is to both release so many updated themes and then try to troubleshoot and support while working on others. Hats off to you!

Gotta have allot of eye pain, and seating down hours in every day looking at code.

To be honest, I'd rather do the themes myself. I don't trust other designers as much as myself especially when it's my responsibility to support the themes (I'd hate to employ another designer, only to find out they reduce the quality of support on this site).

With regards to moderators on these forums, most members are well behaved and don't require any moderating. Spam doesn't exist, and there aren't really any moderating duties needed. :)

True. hiring Mods are not easy to find, Need to trust and so on. I been with designers, I paid An theme for SMF.. It's an nice theme but there are allot of errors in the back.. outdated you might say. End of the day I only like TWO.. Ehren is one of them

• Like 1

Thanks for the Chameleon update, Ehren. Given the frequency of maintenance releases over the last week by IPS, I think I'll recommend that we (that is, us...not you guys) hold off on the upgrade until a couple of weeks have passed. That way Ehren can re-find his feet and IPS can finally decide what the hell they're doing.

That and everybody else can find bugs in the wild and ascertain how stable the current software release is. :D

• Like 3

ARFFFDHFGHDFGDH !!!

I've didn't seen there is no compatibility between the new version and my theme... When it will be available for mine ? Please thank you :)

I have UNIFORM... ;)

Uniform for 4.1.x has been available for a few days now.. ;)

Please update Animate asap :D

Animate will be done next, after Chameleon Dark (which has actually just been finished, but not yet released)

This is a good piece of advice, Kudos to IPS for quick update releases but if you aren't suffering from bugs (so far there were no security updates according to changelog) it is worth to wait with upgrading sometimes :)

We used to call it "idiot testing" back in the day, until clients started feeling a bit bruised....

Uniform for 4.1.x has been available for a few days now.. ;)

Animate will be done next, after Chameleon Dark (which has actually just been finished, but not yet released)

will the animate work for the 4.1.1 version + or the 4.1.2?

Chameleon (light) has been released for 4.1.x :)

Thank you, Ehren!

Is there any chance you'll post an announcement outside of this topic about when it's safe to upgrade to 4.1.2 (or 4.1.3. should that come first) without breaking themes? Invision is pushing us to get off of 4.1.0 but I reiterated to them the bugs that you discovered in 4.1.2.

Thank you, Ehren!

Is there any chance you'll post an announcement outside of this topic about when it's safe to upgrade to 4.1.2 (or 4.1.3. should that come first) without breaking themes? Invision is pushing us to get off of 4.1.0 but I reiterated to them the bugs that you discovered in 4.1.2.

I'll make a post at some point if my bugs are ever fixed :)

will the animate work for the 4.1.1 version + or the 4.1.2?

Themes are made for the latest version, so 4.1.2+

It should still work fine on 4.1.1, but if there are any compatibility bugs, my only solution will be to upgrade to the latest version.