IPSfocus and 4.1.x

Ehren

I see Villain is already updated for 4.1, is the dark editor also updated?

Edit, nevermind. Installed the theme and everything looks fine.

Looking forward Spectrum by the way, honestly I like the "double level" menu, and Villain well it's not suited for that.

There is a demo to see the new themes in 4.1? :)

Thanks!

The demo board URL is the same as the 4.0.x one :)

I see Villain is already updated for 4.1, is the dark editor also updated?

Edit, nevermind. Installed the theme and everything looks fine.

Looking forward Spectrum by the way, honestly I like the "double level" menu, and Villain well it's not suited for that.

My 4.1 themes automatically style the editor, which means 3rd party "editor themes" are no longer required.

When is animate expected to be working for 4.1?

Within the next few days.

Thank you for your effort Ehren! I have to be honest, your themes look superb, professional and well-organized. I recently purchased IPS License and am planning to purchase one of your themes. Right now, I am mostly attracted to Chameleon series themes. Hopefully it will not take too long to make them ready for use.

• Like 3

Thank you for your effort Ehren! I have to be honest, your themes look superb, professional and well-organized. I recently purchased IPS License and am planning to purchase one of your themes. Right now, I am mostly attracted to Chameleon series themes. Hopefully it will not take too long to make them ready for use.

Ehren's themes are the best themes. ;)

• Like 5

For sure. His themes are incredible, was hard to choose which to purchase tbh lol. Hoping for that animate update soon tho :3 but no rush ofc.

• Like 3

I'm mostly waiting on Brave, Carbon, and Source... in that order, but none of them have been updated to 4.0.x much less 4.1.x yet. =P

Of the current 4.0.x themes needing upgraded, I'd like to see Subway; since it's one that my members have specifically requested and donated the money for.

The themes are compatible with 4.1.2, no theme updates are necessary :)

4.1.2 has bugs too, so 4.1.3 probably coming soon.

Posts in boards glitched out.. On IPS support most boards say 3-9 million... despite the board having less than 2m in total.

A lot of people who upgraded has experienced fake user and post numbers.

There sure has been a lot of bugs lately introduced after every new bug fix. They fix one thing and break three others. I'm just going to stick with 4.1 until they finally put out something that doesn't have more bugs. Hopefully you'll still able to work on themes despite those current issues. They seem like easy fixes on your side of things for now so you should still be able to push out updates.

I'm kind of confused regarding the update path @Ehren is taking. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it based on the release date of the 4.x skins? I mean, that just seems logical to me. Maybe I'm just complaining because I'm impatient and have animate, but why are you doing it based off of community feedback in this thread? Seems a little unorganized to me. :wacko:

p.s - Animate vote.

I'm kind of confused regarding the update path @Ehren is taking. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it based on the release date of the 4.x skins? I mean, that just seems logical to me. Maybe I'm just complaining because I'm impatient and have animate, but why are you doing it based off of community feedback in this thread? Seems a little unorganized to me. :wacko:

p.s - Animate vote.

Do you think it's any more reasonable not to do it based on community feedback? If I were in his shoes and the bulk of my active, and therefore more noisy, customers were shouting for a particular skin, I would most certainly act on their feedback. I am in the same position as you, my skin doesn't seem to have a lot of people shouting for it, but I am content to wait.

• Like 2

Ultimately, coding and maintenance are long hour jobs. When your update schedule is defined by a third party's own updates, you find yourself juggling sand. Couple that with the simple fact that Ehren will have bills to pay and food to put on the table, you make the simple (but tough nonetheless) business decision to cater for the majority. You can't win them all and you can't make everybody happy. I'm sure Ehren would *like* to, but there are only 24hrs in a day.

It might even be the case that certain skins have to be end-of-lifetimed at some point. The number of legacy skins Ehren has in the backlog won't clear itself up; the new framework codebase is making updates simpler across the family, but specific coding is a bitch of a task over a couple dozen skins when IPS keep moving the goalposts.

• Like 3