IPSfocus and 4.1.x

Ehren

As some of you may have noticed, the current 4.0.x themes are not compatible with IPS.Suite 4.1.x: they will return a "500 error" and will not function correctly. I am currently upgrading my demo board to 4.1.0, and will get started on upgrading the themes once it's finished.

The 4.1 themes have been given new theme settings including the ability to:

- easily edit the colours of the guest message

- specify hours, minutes and seconds for the countdown (instead of just months and dates)

- specify your own custom text logo, instead of being forced to use your site name

- use up to 6 backgrounds in the background picker

- change the font-size of posts

- insert <script> or <link> tags into the header via a setting

- convert the "double line" navigation into a single bar with dropdown menu's for sublinks

- enable Halloween effects (spiders and pumpkins)

To stay updated, keep checking the Progress page or the News category on these forums or follow ipsfocus on Facebook or Twitter.

If you have upgraded and are getting the 500 error, log into your ACP, go to the Customization tab and select Set as Members Theme next to the "Default" theme.

post-1-0-74688300-1446115798.png

It will reset all of your members back to the default theme. You'll then just need to wait for the 4.1.x version of your ipsfocus theme. :)

Installed already and looking fine on 4.1!

Only one issue, Unsure what this line is but on the index when you have a subform this is now appearing

NsAkfXl.png

That's working as intended.. The border was added to separate the subforums from the forum description (since some members thought it looked too cramped). I'll look into removing the border if no description is there though.

Uniform installed !
A question ! How to remove the choice to members to choose a Background ? and how to set a default ? :)

Take a look through the theme settings and you'll see those 2 options already available. If the Background Picker is disabled, background #1 (under Background Picker) is used as your background.

On 10/30/2015 at 2:57 PM, Lyffa said:
Another problem

When I select the default theme , the buttons become white! ( Everywhere, even for the management of members)

On 10/30/2015 at 2:39 PM, Lyffa said:

I really can not disable the function for members the opportunity to choose the background :(

Please use the Support category if you need any help. This topic is only used as an announcement for new themes :)