New themes and BIG improvements!

Ehren

IPS.Suite 4.0.13 has just been released! All existing 4.x themes have been upgraded and are available in the client area.

This latest update has moved all themes on to the new ipsfocus framework: a more stable version with more theme settings and less bugs. The new themes also have an empty custom.css file, which will allow you to easily keep track of your custom modifications while also greatly improving upgrades (simpy copy/paste the custom.css file after installing the updated theme, and all of your css modifications will be restored).

Some themes have also undergone visual updates, particularly Villain and the Chameleon series (which have new background images).

Additionally, Subway and Dimension have also been released for 4.0.13.

macbook_small.jpg

Subway is based upon the Metro UI theme used in the Windows OS. It features a simple colour scheme changer, allowing your members to choose their own colour and pattern combination from a preset array. Perfect for any community, very easy to set custom default colours and even easier to add/replace the existing colours with your own!

macbook_small.jpg

Dimension is a minimalistic theme for IPS.Suite with a unique header effect. Once scrolled, the header collapses into a fixed bar at the top of the page, while also blurring the background image, placing focus on your navigation links. Dimension has been heavily redesigned compared to the 3.x version, and may receive some visual updates in the future depending on customer feedback.

More theme updates are on their way, so stay tuned if your theme isn't available for 4.x just yet!

I think there will be a delay for new themes,you will wait 4.1 maybe or you continue to create new themes...?

I won't be creating much more for 4.0 since they will require extensive updates (and redesigns) for 4.1.

The new double line navigation system is going to be difficult to incorporate into some existing themes (such as Villain).. so I'll need to come up with my own solution for that..

Ehren does this mean that when we now upgrade from new versions of the skin to the upgraded version, we can upgrade and keep our cusotmizations?

I usually have to always go in and reupload backgrounds.

Settings will likely need to be redone each time.. the new framework just allows you to easily keep track of css modifications.

I won't be creating much more for 4.0 since they will require extensive updates (and redesigns) for 4.1.

The new double line navigation system is going to be difficult to incorporate into some existing themes (such as Villain).. so I'll need to come up with my own solution for that..

Ips is upgraded to 4.1 on their official forum and betas are soon, final release is still expected 'Early oCtober'. So Ehren, you can upgrade your themes(Uniform :P ) before in October, before November or not...?

Ips is upgraded to 4.1 on their official forum and betas are soon, final release is still expected 'Early oCtober'. So Ehren, you can upgrade your themes(Uniform :P ) before in October, before November or not...?

I'm not sure how much work is required yet, so I won't announce any release dates (as usual) ;)

The 4.1 update has some cool stuff coming with it.. I don't think the menu thing was necessary but it is what it is. Only way to go is forward at this point.

I was so hopeful of getting the Dispersion 4.0 update finally, but it looks like that will have to be put off once again until the 4.1 dust has settled. Thanks IPS! grrr

The 4.1 update has some cool stuff coming with it.. I don't think the menu thing was necessary but it is what it is. Only way to go is forward at this point.

I was so hopeful of getting the Dispersion 4.0 update finally, but it looks like that will have to be put off once again until the 4.1 dust has settled. Thanks IPS! grrr

Correct - I made a start on Dispersion a week or so ago, but there's not much point since I'll need to recode it again in a couple of weeks time..

I liked Spectrum for IPB3, but the IPB4 version is like a completely different entity and basically just one of the other skins with some slight modifications.

It's now a dark skin instead of a light skin. It now only features a background changer, while before it allowed the changing of the entire theme via color.

Just doesn't seem to live up to the name of 'Spectrum' without the color changer.

Anyhow, I await upgrades for hopefully Carbon and Brave. I also hope to see some new designs rather than just upgrades, maybe some diversity too.

I'm looking into finally making the jump to IPB4 with the arrival of 4.1 so hopefully by then some more theme options will be available. =)

Still great work Ehren. I'll be making a purchase here before long since SkinBox is apparently going to be a dead entity. =O

I liked Spectrum for IPB3, but the IPB4 version is like a completely different entity and basically just one of the other skins with some slight modifications.

It's now a dark skin instead of a light skin. It now only features a background changer, while before it allowed the changing of the entire theme via color.

Just doesn't seem to live up to the name of 'Spectrum' without the color changer.

Hello,

The Spectrum theme for 4.x is not an upgraded version of the 3.x skin. It is a new theme which simply uses the same name as one of my 3.x skins - it is not a replacement. Spectrum's replacement will be merged with Infinite and will include a colour picker. The name "Spectrum" actually suits the 4.x version more, since the background gradient changes with every minute of the day to mimic the sky. :)

Ah that makes more sense.

I liked the way the navigation was handled on Spectrum better than Infinite in the way that it scrolls with you as you scroll down the page, but I kind of think the search bar & user menu would be a better option of scrolling than the menu.

How hard would it be to change the default color that is used (before a user opts to change it)... also is there going to be an option to set it back to default? I can't seem to find that option on the IPB3 theme.

Ah that makes more sense.

I liked the way the navigation was handled on Spectrum better than Infinite in the way that it scrolls with you as you scroll down the page, but I kind of think the search bar & user menu would be a better option of scrolling than the menu.

How hard would it be to change the default color that is used (before a user opts to change it)... also is there going to be an option to set it back to default? I can't seem to find that option on the IPB3 theme.

I don't have plans to make a reset at this stage, but it's possible.