Removing "Forums" title from index page

1 hour ago, Courtland said:

That worked Ehren, thanks again, is there any way to keep the "Start Topic" button on the right after removing forums? Thanks.

Add this too:

body[data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader{
  justify-content: flex-end;
}

11 hours ago, DewDrop said:

Done! 

The default language is Brazilian but it's possible to change it in the footer. 

This isn't the most flexible solution, but it'll work for your index page:

/* Remove page title from index page */
li[data-blockid="app_cms_Database_vzlz60y0h"] .ipsPageHeader{ display: none; }

On 17/08/2017 at 1:45 AM, Ehren said:

This isn't the most flexible solution, but it'll work for your index page:

/* Remove page title from index page */
li[data-blockid="app_cms_Database_vzlz60y0h"] .ipsPageHeader{ display: none; }

Thanks!

It worked.

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2015 at 2:10 AM, Ehren said:

To remove the "Forums" text on the index page, add the following to custom.css

body[data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="index"] .ipsPageHeader{ display: none; }

I did not find the code to delete this also in 4.2. Can I use this or is it better than no?

10 hours ago, dokdok said:

I did not find the code to delete this also in 4.2. Can I use this or is it better than no?

That code will work, but it'll also remove the Start New Topic button and your "fluid/grid view" buttons if you've enabled them. I probably wouldn't use this code on 4.2 on my own forum.

7 hours ago, Ehren said:

Quel codice funziona, ma rimuoverà anche il pulsante Start New Topic e i pulsanti "fluid / grid view" se li hai abilitati. Probabilmente non avrei usato questo codice su 4.2 sul mio forum.

Which code do you recommend to use for 4.2?

1 hour ago, dokdok said:

Which code do you recommend to use for 4.2?

What would you like to remove exactly?

In 4.1, the header only contained text but in 4.2 there is extra content. If you still want to remove the entire header, use the code in this topic. Just be aware that users won't be able to change to fluid/grid view on the forum index.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread was very helpful in getting my site how I wanted it.  I was able to get the Forums flush with the top how I wanted and got the header removed on Downloads.  The one thing I can't find and would like to be able to do on the Downloads page is keep the submit a file button but put it at the bottom of the page so my downloads are flush with the top as well.  I don't want to lose the button entirely just to move it.  Is this possible?  It's a small issue but it bothers me nonetheless.

• 2 months later...

Also, tried using this code to remove the header from my index page which worked but it also removes the content from the article when clicked on.  It will only display the user feedback underneath.  Is there a way to fix that?

body[data-pageapp="cms"][data-pagelocation="front"] .ipsPageHeader{ display: none; }

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 10:13 PM, Preston Davis said:

Also, tried using this code to remove the header from my index page which worked but it also removes the content from the article when clicked on.  It will only display the user feedback underneath.  Is there a way to fix that?

body[data-pageapp="cms"][data-pagelocation="front"] .ipsPageHeader{ display: none; }

Hello Dear Ehren,

This is my question too. This code remove all title from Article too.

Please Help us resolve this problem. How change the code that remove only Title form page?

Best Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 6:02 PM, Ehren said:

@Preston Davis @Behzad4x

The HTML code on both the Article index page and Article view page is identical, so it's not possible to only target the index page using css unfortunately. 

@Ehren that's what I was afraid of.  I wonder if that's a fix that could be suggested to them or if that would just be too much trouble.  I know it's just being picky on my part but it would be really nice to be able to target one and not the other.

14 minutes ago, Preston Davis said:

@Ehren that's what I was afraid of.  I wonder if that's a fix that could be suggested to them or if that would just be too much trouble.  I know it's just being picky on my part but it would be really nice to be able to target one and not the other.

I unfortunately don't have a solution, sorry!

• 2 months later...

Hey @Ehren! When I add this code to the CUSTOM.CSS it removes the page title in all categories of my gallery albums. So, all navigation becomes compromised. Theres some way to remove only from Gallery Index?

body[data-pageapp="gallery"][data-pagelocation="front"] .ipsPageHeader{ display: none; }

3 hours ago, niK said:

Hey @Ehren! When I add this code to the CUSTOM.CSS it removes the page title in all categories of my gallery albums. So, all navigation becomes compromised. Theres some way to remove only from Gallery Index?

body[data-pageapp="gallery"][data-pagelocation="front"] .ipsPageHeader{ display: none; }

I don't believe there's a css-only solution for this. I think you'd need to remove the HTML from the index page.