IPS 4.x Theme Releases

Ehren

The lack of clarity over what bugs are fixed in each release is really quite poor. The new bug tracker is severely lacking, which I did feed back but IPS seem to be adopting a policy of going silent on issues, rather than addressing them. You'd always used to get a response even if they didn't agree, but these days it's becoming less so. A shame.

The lack of difference reports just shows a complete lack of foresight. I imagine they're working on it internally, but the silence is deafening.

• Like 3

The fact that they haven't even upped an announcement saying that 4.0 is finished and out of all testing altogether, speaks volumes about how its being managed. For an upgrade that has been years in the making, with so much anticipation built onto it, the release is lackluster and disappointing. There are more issues than I care to admit about the software, from link embedding (I honestly have no clue why they thought that was important) that has completely annihilated our timelines and thread links, to minor things like the display picture being miniscule in topics...

Sorry, I'm getting carried away with complaints about the new software - I'll just be quiet now :P I just honestly can't wait until they solve the bugs Ehren has been having. I've solved most of my issues in-house within the coding (except the link embedding, but thats another headache altogether), but I think that even with the bugs 4.0 has, it would be much more pleasant than the bleach white of the default settings. If the "Theme Designer" in its settings lived up to its hype, it wouldn't be so bad, but its so hit and miss.

Yes, I'm a dark skin kind of guy. Default... blinds me after so many years of having dark skins like Animate.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm a dark skin kind of guy. Default... blinds me after so many years of having dark skins like Animate.

Animate for 4.x will have a pretty amazing header effect - I've coded that part already. Just waiting for the theme issues to be fixed. :)

Animate for 4.x will have a pretty amazing header effect - I've coded that part already. Just waiting for the theme issues to be fixed. :)

wow nice, since 4.0 themes will be out i prob need to re-consider if i want villain again as others might look even better now imo.

sucks that they take forever to get it fixed..

• Like 1

Ya I have been poking around on the IPB forums for the last week or so. I was considering maybe coming back. But I don't know anymore now. I want to for Ehren's themes and support. But I think I am going to hold off now. They really need to get their stuff together. They are really falling behind.

• Like 1

4.0.5 - Releasing soon

• Enhancements to the efficiency of file storage and management. This will require many background tasks to run that may take time to finish. Your Suite will work fine while they are completing.
  • Many bug fixes from client reports

4.0.5 - [/size]Releasing soon

• Enhancements to the efficiency of file storage and management. This will require many background tasks to run that may take time to finish. Your Suite will work fine while they are completing.
  • Many bug fixes from client reports
So?

I'm assuming this will hopefully be the Difference Reports we've been waiting for. Would be a good step if that's true.

Other bugs are still pending (such as broken theme settings and broken child themes) which are also halting my themes.

I'm assuming this will hopefully be the Difference Reports we've been waiting for. Would be a good step if that's true.

Other bugs are still pending (such as broken theme settings and broken child themes) which are also halting my themes.

Will these be fixed on 4.0.6, any confirm on this? I'm so tired of this now.

Kysil, 4.0.5 is already out. Also they confirmed [here] that they've made a soft release (meaning 4 isn't a RC anymore but full product). I'm still waiting with upgrading to 4 due tothe same reasons people mentioned above (shoutbox, modules, etc)

Plus being stuck on dull default shin would be a huge turnoff.

Reading about new IPS4 skins makes me happy, any (even unprecise) ETA would be cool if it's possible :)

I am excited for my Chameleon dark. I think 4.5.0.1 seems to answer the questions many themers have. I of course realize the only thing stopping me was the lack of a theme, so I have since just went with another theme while I wait for Ehren's great work :)

I've done a test upgrade on my cloned forum and it's a total clusterf**k, they seem to fudged something with stylesheets which see totally abnormal path and due to that graphics isnt loading. Sticking to IPB3 till they squish more bugs, won't risk my community's wrath with upgrading :D

Also no themes yet :P