IPS 4.x Theme Releases

Ehren

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick update regarding the status of IPSFocus themes.

Uniform 4.x has been completed and is currently sitting on my development board ready to be released, however there are a few fairly critical bugs with the theme system which has unexpectedly halted it's release. Other themes have been started, and should be completed within a few days, however their releases will also likely be delayed due to these same bugs.

The main bugs affecting the releases are "Broken theme settings" and "Failed resource imports". Additionally, designers are waiting for "difference reports" to be released, which will inform us of what code changes have been made between versions. This is vital for keeping themes upgraded, however these reports have not been released for 4.x even though the feature was available in 3.4.x.

Unfortunately these issues are currently out of my control - however I've been doing my best to have these bugs fixed, and have requested that the difference reports are released.

Once these issues are fixed, expect new themes to be released quickly! :)

You're doing a good job man, especially putting up with all of us hanging around like vultures, waiting for themes to be released. I on the other hand, can't even work out how to ugprade from 3.4.6 to 3.4.7 let alone onto 4.0.2. Hah!

It's a good thing everyone keeps checking in. I'm glad there's interest in my themes :)

Thanks, and there is a demo site to see in action the 4 themes? :)

There is, but it's private at the moment. It'll be made public in the future :)

I hope you'll continue making the themes, as waiting for them to fix it would take some time.

Also maybe let us 'fix' the themes manually? instead of waiting for ips fix

It's a far more effect use of Ehrens time to wait for the fix and fix all the themes at once rather than having to provide each client with the fix. Please just be patient like the rest :)

I hope you'll continue making the themes, as waiting for them to fix it would take some time.

Also maybe let us 'fix' the themes manually? instead of waiting for ips fix

Fixing manually? I don't know if you're a designer but some bugs can be fixed only by designers. Because this isn't all easy...

I'll be continually creating the themes on my development board, and will post sneak peaks in the Customer area for those who are interested.

Once IPS fix their bugs, I'll do a "mass release" and release them all at once :)

I'll be continually creating the themes on my development board, and will post sneak peaks in the Customer area for those who are interested.

Once IPS fix their bugs, I'll do a "mass release" and release them all at once :)

That's nice idea. So now you will start for creating new themes also?

I would like to see a blue navy theme with the text in yellow/amber :P

Damn, that sucks we'll have to wait this long. They will not rush fix anything seems.

The IPS dev's are currently going through my development board trying to fix bugs, so I've paused development for the weekend. :)

Any update? Their support is quiet slow, i marked my ticket as critical - 1 week later they replied two useless replies.

There were a lot of bugs affecting detailed themes - that post by Charles doesn't really outline what fixes have been made, and I haven't heard from Matt regarding my list of issues either. Difference reports are also yet to be released, so my themes are currently "stuck" on 4.0.2.