2015 and IPS Suite 4.x

Ehren

Hi everyone,

Welcome to 2015, a year which is sure to involve a lot of new changes and updates on your communities with the introduction of IPS Suite 4.x. Invision released beta 5 earlier today and I've started working very briefly on a framework theme which will be used as the basis of all themes on ipsfocus. A framework theme is basically a more 'efficient' method of mass producing/fixing themes.

Once the final (non-beta) version of IPS Suite 4.x has been released, I'll be getting started immediately on upgrading the premade themes, specifically the ones marked with the orange "Includes update for 4.x" badge. Any customers who have purchased one of these themes since July 1, 2014 will receive a free upgrade for 4.x, assuming their customer subscription is still active! :)

Some of the older themes will undergo a slight redesign to 'modernize' them, however they will all still be heavily influenced by their 3.x version which means that your members won't experience a big culture shock when upgrading to 4.x. I don't have a timeframe at this stage, but I'll post updates whenever significant progress has been made!

If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback regarding the theme updates - let me know in this topic and I'll do my best to help! :)

Ehren, first of all happy new year :)

Since you planning to update the 4.x themes, keep a few things in mind;

For example

Chameleon; Get rid of the scroll background and use static bg like Snapshot.

The background was made static for performance reasons, but there's already a setting in _ipbfsConfig which allows you to enable a fixed background ;)

The background was made static for performance reasons, but there's already a setting in _ipbfsConfig which allows you to enable a fixed background ;)

Ok, thanks good, also are you aware that plugins like adblock blocks the social icons and some other icons?

Cuu2C66.png

Hi,

sorry if this is wrong section, but I am tried to post presales questions in presales forum, but it has passed several days and my post is not published and I didn't even get any reply. Why?

Regards.

Hello,

Sorry about that - new topics in the presales forum were being moderated due to spam and I wasn't notified of your new topic. I've since replied. :)

• 2 weeks later...