New IPB Skin: Villain

Ehren

Introducing Villain

Hi everyone,

After a surprising realization the other week than Animate was my last dark premade skin (released almost 2 years ago to the day), I decided to create a minimalistic dark skin which would be useful for any themed site (not just gaming).

Today, that skin has been released and is called Villain: a dark, semi-transparent dark skin which includes a simple background picker allowing your members to choose their own image from a preset array of large background images (which resize in modern browsers depending on your users screen). The background picker can be disabled if it's not needed, and the skin includes all of the other optional extras such as custom forum icons, social icons, description tooltips and horiztonal post layouts.

Feel free to take a look at the Villain skin page and check out the live demo to see it in action! Would be great to hear your feedback as well, so let me know in your reply! :)

widescreen.jpg

Hi Ehren,

This skin is very impressive! This is probably the skin I would want to buy right now. Ehren, you are for me the best skin designer of all the time! You are amazing! Strong and you impress me! :o
This skin is really huge! Enormous respect to you sincerely. I hope not have been too far, lol. :)
Good job men. ;)
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! :)

AnonyWS: That bug was only happening because the demo board is out of date. It works correctly on the latest version of IP.Board and IP.Downloads :)

As for larger logos/banners, there are two solutions. The first would be to increase the height of #branding so it matches your image. The navigation will automatically move into a dropdown menu if there isn't enough room. The second would be to change the background of #branding so it uses your banner image. The primary goal for this skin was to make the background image the main feature, so that would be the ideal way to change the theme of this skin (different gaming images, etc). I'll keep this in mind for future skins (however the header of the next skin has already been designed, so it's a little late for that one!). :)

Thanks guys! :)

AnonyWS: That bug was only happening because the demo board is out of date. It works correctly on the latest version of IP.Board and IP.Downloads :)

As for larger logos/banners, there are two solutions. The first would be to increase the height of #branding so it matches your image. The navigation will automatically move into a dropdown menu if there isn't enough room. The second would be to change the background of #branding so it uses your banner image. The primary goal for this skin was to make the background image the main feature, so that would be the ideal way to change the theme of this skin (different gaming images, etc). I'll keep this in mind for future skins (however the header of the next skin has already been designed, so it's a little late for that one!). :)

Maybe the next one then!

i have tried to change the height of #branding, but the menu was messed up.. First solution of adding banner is failed for me. Let me know if there is any workaround. Logo dimensions: 427 x 86 pixels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What you mean with "only" in Webkit Browsers?

Safari, Chrome show the same behavior... I dont thing to many people using Internet Explorer....

I will try to fix it with you workaround, and hope it will work.

The design is very, very nice of this skin, but the user-experience is not that well.

A black skin and white flashes in between doesnt work nicely together. :-)

Hope you can address this issue in the past somwhow...

Thanx!