New IPB skin: GestureHD

Ehren

Hi everyone,

After a tonne of work, I'm happy to announce a new skin, GestureHD which is a skin made specifically for tablet devices such as the iPad. It has been coded with the retina display in mind, and uses css3 effects & icon fonts to produce nice effects without compromising loading speed or bandwidth.

The skin comes with 5 backgrounds, which are pulled at random on each page load and the board index, forum index and topic view have been modified to fit neatly within the dimension of tablets in portrait view.

For the whole list of features, including screenshots and a live demo, visit the GestureHD skin page.

Update: To answer a few questions - this skin should not be used as your main desktop skin. It's made for visitors who browse your forum using a tablet such as the iPad. The skin will automatically be chosen for these users, however they do have the option to use your main forum skin if they wish. Put simply, it's the same as a mobile skin, but for tablets instead.

small_350.jpg

All payments will temporarily be manually verified, as I am testing a feature within Nexus - so there may be minor delays after purchase & before downloading the skin if I am not around.

This is for tablets (mainly the iPad since I was unable to test with other devices). It's coded straight from the default IPB skin, so all addons/components are be compatible.

There's a tutorial in the customer area which teaches you how to properly install & configure the skin. When viewing the forum using an iPad, the skin will automatically be selected for the user. The skin is made for tablets and shouldn't be used as a desktop skin since it's only been coded for webkit. :)

• 2 weeks later...