Fraud Payments

Ehren

We have already received our first fraudulent payment.

Our policy was that once we had received payment, you would receive your skin. After this event, we must change our policy in that we must first receive and verify the payment; then the skin can be sent.

Unfortunately, we have already experienced this fraud, and we will be doing the best we can with the assistance of paypal to get everything sorted.

Well atleast you didn't lose anymore. I guess this is just another learning experience, you won't make the mistake of not verifying it again. It really does suck how some people are so cheap and immature that they have to scam someone of 50$, like I would understand a bit more if the service provider didn't perform well or something like that, but from what I've seen, you're awesome, so that's just a bummer dude.

You could add a, umm not sure of the name, a script on all of your coded skins that checks if the skin is un use. It could be edited out, but it would help prevent. Or you could have a serial provided per skin per owner, and have it entered in the skin coding and have it check somewhere on your site. All could be edited out, but it would help prevent it a bit. Good luck though Ghost.

You could add a, umm not sure of the name, a script on all of your coded skins that checks if the skin is un use. It could be edited out, but it would help prevent. Or you could have a serial provided per skin per owner, and have it entered in the skin coding and have it check somewhere on your site. All could be edited out, but it would help prevent it a bit. Good luck though Ghost.
That could help with the warez, but not with the fraud payments :(

We have already received our first fraudulent payment.

Our policy was that once we had received payment, you would receive your skin. After this event, we must change our policy in that we must first receive and verify the payment; then the skin can be sent.

Unfortunately, we have already experienced this fraud, and we will be doing the best we can with the assistance of paypal to get everything sorted.

I'm sorry to hear that Ghost. Do you take donation?

This isnt a good thing to have happen if you do not have the patients you need with paypal. However you are not in the same situation as I am im in a little bit mroe deep with my fraud problems with ebay.

Its rediculous that they cant do much to help actual fraud like in your case but when they just suspect fraud in mine they give me limited acess to my accoutn and i cant send or request any money.

They are making me fax these documents and provide tracking numbers for products that dont even exsist.

This is all bad because I only need to pay one person atm and thats our very own ghost.

Hello,

I don't know if I need to introduce myself, but I will anyway. My name is Brandon Collins, and I'm more commonly known as Brandon or Brandon C around the various forums on the internet in regards to IPB. You can see in my signature what sites I am currently affiliated with. My main project in development is IPB Tutorials ( http://www.ipbtutorials.com ), which will be released in Quarter 2 of 2006.

Enough about me, now about this issue. I feel that Fradulent Payments towards any company, especially companies that have to deal within the IPB Skinning industry, I feel for them. I feel especially for Lisa Whitlock at Skin Visions ( http://www.skinvisions.com ) and Evanescence at IBSkin as I am customers at both of their sites and Lisa has had to take such extreme measures as to prevent fraudulent payments and stealing of skins from their sites ( as Evanescence used to fully rely on her site, IBSkin, as her only source of income; now, she works at a 50+ hour a week job ). Unfortunately, there will always be a way around this kind of stuff, and there really is nothing you can do about it ( e.g. if it gets put up on warez sites, etc. ) I have been extensively researching and carefully analyzing as to what the best way to go is for my IPB Tutorials site on selling and distributing the tutorial videos upon completion and grand opening of my site, as I want to prevent it from the moment I start my site as much as possible.

What I'm doing is I'm going to sell credits, and have people use credits to buy videos on my site instead of use money; you don't buy videos, you buy credits. Also, I'm using a very strong set of license keys, so that I can prevent it as much as possible. There are three sets of keys: License Key, Password, and Pin. People will have to use that to download videos from IPB Tutorials, and their three sets of keys for their accounts will change each week so it will really prevent people from stealing.

I hope this helps, very nice site, and best of luck to you in your fraudulent payments ( hopefully, they're minimalized as much as possible ).

Kind Regards,

Brandon

What I'm doing is I'm going to sell credits, and have people use credits to buy videos on my site instead of use money; you don't buy videos, you buy credits. Also, I'm using a very strong set of license keys, so that I can prevent it as much as possible. There are three sets of keys: License Key, Password, and Pin. People will have to use that to download videos from IPB Tutorials, and their three sets of keys for their accounts will change each week so it will really prevent people from stealing.
That might be a good idea...selling credits; although it probably wont stop the warez at all :unsure: I was looking into a license key solution, but never found one that I liked. It would be good to have one like the old IPB, where if you went to a certain URL, it displayed a message showing whether it was real or fake :huh:

So basically Brandon in a nut shell, you advertsie your site by skimly relating topics to your own thoughts about your own site.

Make sure you get to my new site and do the same.

:unsure: I'm confused here. Is this sarcasm or not? :unsure:

That might be a good idea...selling credits; although it probably wont stop the warez at all :unsure: I was looking into a license key solution, but never found one that I liked. It would be good to have one like the old IPB, where if you went to a certain URL, it displayed a message showing whether it was real or fake :huh:

I feel that selling credits and having a credit validator programmed into my copy of Nexus by Aaron at Montrose River that checks to see if they have enough credits to download the tutorial videos... the cost of the videos ( e.g. the number of credits you have to fork over in order to download the video tutorial ) will vary depending on the time and the workload it took to put into the videos.

Anyway, hope that helped some. :)

I was looking at buying Nexus when it was released, depending on the price and how good/bad this site is going.

If you sign up for the beta testing, it still means you have to buy it when it's released right? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...