Free IPB Skins Section?

Maybe this site could have i free ipb skins section...where member share their created skins and release to the public for free?...

Well...this suggestion might seem weird seem this is a paid skin site...but still worth a consider...

Regard,

Jason

I assume by the 2nd seem you meant since.

Anyways, I think it is an allright idea, if you think about it, Ghost is already giving tips and tutorials for people to make there own skins. I don't think Ghost will have a problem with it, since he will still make some money off of his own skins. And people who will get free skins, probably would not have paid for a skin in the first place.

I guess we will have to hear from Ghost.

We were thinking of an idea similar to this. People submit their skins to our database. If the skins are good enough, we can put them up for sale, and the creator of the skin gets a % of the sales from their skin. We would keep a certain % of the sales generated as we are selling the skins through out site which would probably be easier for the creater to gain hits from...if that makes sense :)

I'll keep the free skins idea in mind ;)

The only main problem with the free skins idea is that there are a lot of poplular free skins sites, which would make it harder for us to compete against.

Well...since this is a paid skin site...we don't need free skin for hits...we use it as a extra attraction to this site and like you mention...good skin can be chosen to be sold to the public and both the site and the creator earns profit for it...

Could be 80%...maybe 90%, just depends on the skin I guess.

But remember, if it is 90%, then that means we get about $2.50 for each skin sold, and the skin might not be sold that much, lol. :unsure:

But other skinning sites (such as the ones I use to work at), only gave me 50% MAX...nothing more than that

70% is more than fair in my mind. Think about it, your getting a clear majority of the money sold yet you dont have to pay for hosting, domain, ipb license etc. Also this site does all the marketing for you. You dont need to go out and find buyers, this site, Ghost, does almost all of that for you. On most sites its 50%, give or take a bit.

Thats my rant, hope you liked it lol