Ehren

New IPB Skin: Uniform

Introducing Uniform

large.jpg

This is by far the most feature packed skin I've made for IP.Board. Uniform is a chameleon type skin which applies a single background image (that can be customized on a user basis) throughout the entire forum, including maintitle bars and icons. The skin is packed with features including customizable backgrounds, a quick navigation box, a quick login box, animated search box, tooltips, customizable topic layouts, avatars as topic icons, a new icon set, css3 animations and more.

The skin is compatible with the latest versions of IP Board 3.1.x (3.1.4+), Gallery, Blog, Downloads, Chat and Nexus. It works with IP.Content, but has not been heavily styled.

The skin is has been tested and works correctly in all major, modern browsers including Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer 8 (with the exception of a few css3 shadows), Internet Explorer 9 and Opera. Tested on Mac and Windows.

Thoughts and feedback are welcome. :)

I like it...alot as it reminds of Chameleon. ^_^:thumbs:

Btw you mention the background can be customized on a user basis. Does this means one can use any background image thats wanted? Was a little extra hassel with Cameleon but very nice with the end result and I suppose its a similar way with the code?

Another thing that I also noted on some of the other Demo boards is the missing of the small password icon in the member login window.

245wkf7.jpg

I guess and hope its possible to sort of stretch out the mainlogo as its even smaller on the length then Chameleons default logo!? Its for me anyway very important as Im in progress to switch to a customised text logo in flash. Any news on that in the pm I sent you? ;)

/UpNorth

The backgrounds are easy to change, and step-by-step instructions are provided inside the css file. I can write up a tutorial if anyone is having problems.

Btw you mention the background can be customized on a user basis. Does this means one can use any background image thats wanted?

It means each user can choose their own background image out of the ones provided in the design. I know how to create the feature which allows any URL (so they can use their own custom one), but decided not to implement it in this version.

Very nice indeed, Just one question, is it possible to have the "forum icons" mod which lets every section have a different [ New/old ] Post image installed?

Don't really want to go ahead and buy it and find out it won't work, so what i'm asking is, do mods install like anyother as normal?

I know how to create the feature which allows any URL (so they can use their own custom one), but decided not to implement it in this version.

Any possible ETA on that "version"? I personal would buy that one very fast. ^_^

Very nice indeed, Just one question, is it possible to have the "forum icons" mod which lets every section have a different [ New/old ] Post image installed?

Don't really want to go ahead and buy it and find out it won't work, so what i'm asking is, do mods install like anyother as normal?

The skin is the same as any other design, so hooks will work fine. :)

Any possible ETA on that "version"? I personal would buy that one very fast.

I'll take a look into it for the near future.

You can remove the code and change it back to the default (so it shows the normal post icons) if you don't like it. :)

A custom background image via URL feature has now been added to the design after a few people requested it. :)

For any existing customers, the skin has been updated in the customer area and is ready for download.

Sweet work Ehren! :thumbs:

A question...the area for the text logo, is it possble to adjust the length? Its pretty tiny at moment and very hard to squeeze in any long site/forum names.

Just depends on the amount of tabs you have.. It's possible to extend the width behind the tabs if necessary though..

Just a suggestion - add a x to close the 'change background' box as whilst to experienced users it makes sense to click on the open button again, to new members etc. it is not so obvious.

I disagree as it would look ugly and its hard anyway for new users to find the change background button the first time. Its a thing they will learn fast and no skin is perfect for all people.

Thats a pretty odd question because why dont you ask yourself instead why you like or dislike things either on the net or in real life...