New skins?

nodle

Hey there Ehren, just wondering if you have any new skins on the way or maybe even some samples? :D I am sure you can tell by my purchases, that I am addicted to buying your skins. You should have a "premium" members for people that buy alot of skins lol. Anyways just wondering if there is anything on it's way in the future? :lol:

There's one which has been designed, but I'm thinking of changing the colours before coding it.. There's another which is only 1/3 designed so there's no point in showing that yet - and then I'm working on other things which have been mentioned a couple of times in the customer area.. I don't plan on announcing them until they're finished though :)

• 1 month later...

Any suggestions for new designs? Think of this post as a "get your own custom skin for $20.00" and let me know what you would all like to see in the next design!

Colours, style, features, etc. Background image changer? Width changer? What sort of navigation? etc.

Well I really like some of the new features that you have done on here such as the new login page. I also like the "deep looking buttons". I prefer a nice clean looking skin. Something like Baisik. Something modern. I prefer mostly black and white colors myself. As far as a background changer that isn't to big of deal for myself, or the width since it's easy to change in the wrapper. Maybe something with some rounded corners also. Maybe all new icons also instead of the defualt IPB ones. Just something modern and clean. It's up to you Ehren everything you do is a work of art. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a theme Idea that I thought I would throw out there. How about a really dark skin kinda like the mobile dark skin, but also on the same theme maybe on the top right of it or the bottom right a place to swap the CSS from a dark to a light version? Another words it is an intense dark theme with almost all black colors and icons, and then an extremely white theme with almost all white colors and icons. But have a button so the users can click on the one theme and switch from the white or black theme to suite what they like best. So basically a two in one theme. Plus it could be named salt & pepper, or yin-yang dyCCQ.png

What do you think Ehren? :)

Style switchers can only really change the css, not images (which could be a little tricky since some images would only work well on light backgrounds and not dark ones). Additionally, I'm not sure of a way to change all stylesheets (global, members, calendar, editor, messenger, etc).

It would be possible to create two skins, both with a toggle button that swaps the skins. Style switchers work fine if you need to change a few of the colours or classes, but they're not the best for changing the full colour scheme of layouts especially when dealing with multiple stylesheets.

Style switchers can only really change the css, not images (which could be a little tricky since some images would only work well on light backgrounds and not dark ones). Additionally, I'm not sure of a way to change all stylesheets (global, members, calendar, editor, messenger, etc).

It would be possible to create two skins, both with a toggle button that swaps the skins. Style switchers work fine if you need to change a few of the colours or classes, but they're not the best for changing the full colour scheme of layouts especially when dealing with multiple stylesheets.

Oh ok I get it now Ehren, anyways just an idea I dreamt about the other night. Guess I have been hanging out on the forum to much lol. :blink: But I just thought I would throw the skin idea out there.

Even your slate skins both the light and dark skins would make a great board theme, for those that want a clean minimalistic skin. Plus it probably wouldn't be hard to do since you have most everything already. I would love to buy the slate dark in a full forum format. Plus for those that already own the mobile skins their forum would match. Just thought I would throw that one out there. :blush:

• 3 months later...

One is around 70% completed, although there are some cool new features that I haven't added just yet.

It's very loosely based around the denim skin from the 2.3.x series, but only colour wise. :)

The skin after that will be one similar to the design on these forums.