IP.Board 3.1.x and premade skins

Ehren

Are we able to use the new Template Merge Center to upgrade our skin from 3.0 to 3.1? I'm using Carbon Blue and have made some customizations to the skin. Just looking for the easiest way to upgrade.

The template merger only supports basic skins. The upgraded skins were recoded from scratch, so I'd suggest installing the 3.1.x version and not trying to manually upgrade yourself.

Since 3.1.1. will be released next week, maybe it's better to wait to upgrade skins? Maybe there's no significant skin changes from 3.1.0. to 3.1.1 so this may be off-topic, but I'll wait for the 3.1.1. version of checkered.

Best regards,

Johan

Hi Ehren in the Splat You have missing two change in Global Templates --> globalTemplate

1)

content="{$this->settings['img_url']}/meta_image.png"/>

change to :

content="{$this->settings['meta_imagesrc']}"/>

2)

test="limWindows:|:IPSLib::loginMethod_enabled('windows')">{parse

change to :

test="limWindows:|:IPSLib::loginMethod_enabled('live')">{parse

and

one into Login Screen --> showLogInForm

<if test="toggleOpenId:|:$this->request['serviceClick'] == 'openid'">
<script type='text/javascript'>
document.observe("dom:loaded", function(e){ ipb.signin.toggleOpenID(e); });
</script>
</if>

Add After :

<if test="toggleLive:|:$this->request['serviceClick'] == 'live'">
<script type='text/javascript'>
document.observe("dom:loaded", function(e){ ipb.signin.toggleLive(e); });
</script>
</if>

Regards

Hmm, I remember doing those edits to some of the skins, but the skin difference report didn't list it for others. Will take a look shortly.

I know for a fact Checkered should have those edits already made.

All of those changes, apart from the windows > live change were made.

If you've downloaded the 3.1.1 version, just make the 2nd modification listed above in DeltaFox's post. I'll update the downloads shortly.

If anyone else is experiencing this, can you post in the customers area so I can see if the issue is wide-spread?

Are you running 3.1.1 or 3.1.0??

The codes are all updated on my development board (and they were updated when the files were exported).

post-1-127690622325_thumb.png

I'm running 3.1.1. I downloaded the skin just a few hours ago, then checked the showLogInForm and globalTemplate templates manually to see if the changes had been made. I found that the changes were not made so I changed them myself. I didn't really test anything enough to experience any symptoms on the website.

I installed the overlay skin from the customer area, and all of the updates were there..

I've updated the Overlay blueberry skin in the customer area, and have made sure that the edits are definitely there. When importing the skin onto my forum, the 3.1.1 code was working correctly - so if there are issues with it on other boards, it may be an IPB issue. For anyone using overlay blue, redownload and reinstall and see if the 3.1.1 code is there.

Are Deltafox's changes listed the only changes to the 3.1.1 within the templates?

It would be easier for me to just add changes than to download the 3.1.1 and apply changes or get round that template updater thing.