Skin in production

Ehren

I've recently finished with this basic mock-up of a new skin which will be coded for 3.1.x.. If anyone has suggestions for a good name for the skin which isn't corny or lame, then feel free to let me know. I usually struggle to think of something decent that reflects the design of the skin. If your suggestion gets chosen, I'm happy to give you a free copy of the skin. :)

post-1-127520139316_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions for improvements to the skin are also welcome :thumbs: Keep in mind it's just a mock-up, so not all features (sidebar, footer, stats, etc) are shown - they'll be included in the coded version.

Will it be for 3.1 version? Any chances to see it in brown-elegant colours?

This skin is amazing, and I would love to see it in brown :) Than, I will buy it.

In my huble opinion it should be called (choose the best :P ) :

Queen

BlueStrap

Smarty

Kibira <- my favourite one

Thanks for the suggestions so far :)

There's a different skin coming out which I already called "Denim".. it is based slightly on the 2.3.x skin with the same name, but ironically doesn't have any denim textures in the 3.x version. I generally prefer names which don't have colours in them (unless the colour is a suffix of the name like Carbon Blue, Carbon Red, etc).

It's pretty tough thinking for a name for this skin though - it wasn't really based on any texture or theme so there's nothing to revolve the name around.

How about "Jupiter"?

Or "Kyanos"? It was a name used in Ancient Greek to refer to dark blue tile.

"Sapphire"

Or "Bleu", which came from an Old French word meaning "Blue"

But awesome work so far as always Ehren!

• Like 2

Different colour versions may come depending on the popularity of the above version. :)

Kibira, Jupiter and Kyanos are pretty cool. While they don't essentially reflect anything in the skin, they're pretty mysterious names which would be suitable for this skin in my opinion. There have also been some good suggestions over on the IPS forums, but I'm happy to give out a few skins if good names come through.

Similar competitions might come around for other skins if I can't come up with anything appropriate. :)

Wow, very nice Ehren.

My suggestions:

• Jeans
  • Vintage
  • Vintage Strip
  • Blue Threads
  • Needles & Threads
  • Casual
  • Blue Tones
  • Journals

I personally think the title "Vintage" would be most appropriate.

Cheers and all the best.

I like the Jeans and Vintage idea of yours.

I think anything texture or fabric related is cool for this one.

and lulz at the kibira being a bucket.