Invision Community 4.6.4

Ehren

Hi everyone!

Following the release of Invision Community 4.6.4 earlier today, I'm happy to announce no theme updates are needed (if you're already using the 4.6.x theme update). You can continue to use that same theme without any issues :)

Happy upgrading!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

1 hour ago, stephenrbrueck@gmail.com said:

How about 4.6.5.1? (...)
I'm already at 4.6.4 with Invision and up to date with the theme software as well.

Quoting from this topic:

14 hours ago, Ehren said:

If you're already using a 4.6 version of the theme and are upgrading your software to 4.6.5.1, there are no theme updates needed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 5:53 PM, Ehren said:

Hi everyone!

Following the release of Invision Community 4.6.4 earlier today, I'm happy to announce no theme updates are needed (if you're already using the 4.6.x theme update). You can continue to use that same theme without any issues :)

Happy upgrading!

Any issues with the new 4.6.6 ?  (already on 4.6.5.1)

Or,  all OK since its still in the 4.6 "family" ?

• Like 1

Hi @Alistair S

Those template files shouldn’t be modified in my themes. They’re potentially modified on your site if you’ve used the “Upload new version” feature when upgrading from 4.4 to 4.5/4.6.

The themes were recoded from scratch for the 4.5 update, so the “Upload new version” feature technically shouldn’t have been used since the themes are actually completely different from the 4.4 version.

Reverting those template files will work, but a fresh theme installation will also ensure that you’re theme is 100% up to date. 

3 hours ago, Ehren said:

Hi @Alistair S

Those template files shouldn’t be modified in my themes. They’re potentially modified on your site if you’ve used the “Upload new version” feature when upgrading from 4.4 to 4.5/4.6.

The themes were recoded from scratch for the 4.5 update, so the “Upload new version” feature technically shouldn’t have been used since the themes are actually completely different from the 4.4 version.

Reverting those template files will work, but a fresh theme installation will also ensure that you’re theme is 100% up to date. 

Thanks Ehren. That could be the case, I guess. I do recall doing a fresh install at some point but maybe not at 4.5.

Uploading a new version seems sensible. Am I right in thinking that I will then need to redo all my colours, icons and any custom CSS (I have some for a divider after pinned topics)? There's no way to copy those, is there?

Thanks for any advice!

Edit: Actually, I've made the needed changes now, so all should be good. It would still be interesting to know if colours, etc. can be copied across, though (but I suspect not!)

Also, after I had uploaded a fresh version and created a child, etc. I still got a warning on upgrade (highlights some HTML but no CSS) - but I went ahead anyway.

14 hours ago, Alistair S said:

Am I right in thinking that I will then need to redo all my colours, icons and any custom CSS (I have some for a divider after pinned topics)? There's no way to copy those, is there?

You can safely copy/paste your custom.css code from one theme to another. There unfortunately isn't a quick way to transfer theme settings though, so you'll need to do that part manually.

14 hours ago, Alistair S said:

Also, after I had uploaded a fresh version and created a child, etc. I still got a warning on upgrade (highlights some HTML but no CSS) - but I went ahead anyway.

Strange, do you know what template files were mentioned?

5 hours ago, Ehren said:

You can safely copy/paste your custom.css code from one theme to another. There unfortunately isn't a quick way to transfer theme settings though, so you'll need to do that part manually.

Strange, do you know what template files were mentioned?

Oops! I should have captured it at the time. However, I'm pretty sure it was flagging up the html differences shown here when comparing 4.6.5.1 with 4.6.6

I'm not seeing any issues, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Ehren locked this topic