All themes upgraded for 4.6.0

Ehren

5 hours ago, Ehren said:

I believe 4.6.1 is simply a patch to fix certain software/upgrade issues. No theme updates are needed :)

How weird… 

I checked the site on my phone. I ran the upgrade, refreshed the site and the error went, same for the desktop. 

Something must’ve happened during the 4.6 upgrade, but all is working now.

6 hours ago, Genesis 3DX said:

ok so i updated them and now i get error message ughs please help

Warning from the first post:

On 6/15/2021 at 5:27 AM, Ehren said:

Note: This 4.6 theme update should only be used with Invision Community 4.6. It is not compatible with Invision Community 4.5.x. You should upgrade your software first before upgrading your theme. 

9 hours ago, Genesis 3DX said:

ok so i updated them and now i get error message ughs please help

image.thumb.png.ff2a2a658e62a2550183833ae46125bd.png

Hello,

Your site is still using Invision Community 4.5.4.2. You'll need to upgrade your software to 4.6 if you want to use the 4.6 theme.

1 minute ago, Genesis 3DX said:

im afraid if i upgrade to 4.6 my plugins i spens hundreds of dollars on wont work

Then to solve the template error you need to reinstall your older theme matching your current forum installation.

2 minutes ago, picasso said:

Then to solve the template error you need to reinstall your older theme matching your current forum installation.

how do i do that since i installed from ACP panle marketplace and updated from there . There is no download

1 minute ago, picasso said:

I don't know which theme you are using, but you can open the Marketplace site directly in your browser, find the theme in Downloads and check if older version is available. If not available then for sure Ehren will help you to download the theme from this site.

Thank you im using Titan.. i will check there. 

53 minutes ago, focumQuarium said:

@Ehren, as the dev of these skins, do you think using them via IPS Marketplace a good idea? Especially in terms of fast upgrades. 

And if yes, is it possible to switch our licenses from here, to there? Or just have both?

I aim to update the themes on this site and on the Marketplace at the same time, so there isn't much of a difference in terms of fast upgrades. One benefit of purchasing directly on this site is you get access to the Pro themes (which aren't offered on the Marketplace) and you don't need an active Invision license to access your products. With that said, the Marketplace has a simple Install button which may be useful for some novice clients who aren't sure how to install their theme.

Unfortunately transferring licenses between the two systems isn't a service I offer though. Sorry about that!

@Dean_ I doubt it is related to the theme. Either you have some misconfiguration on the server level or some incompatible third-party app. Similar problem discussed here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/company/whats-new-in-460-r1229/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-221756

run the ips requirements checker:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7046-invision-community-requirements-checker/

You will likely receive an indication that the mySQLi extension isn't enabled.

To resolve, enable the 'nd_mysqli' extension in your php 8.x configuration.

Edited by picasso

7 hours ago, Dean_ said:

@Ehren Are these supporting PHP 8?

When 8 is enabled, the menu bar doesn't sure at all, and on the titan theme I just get a white screen.

I imagine the default theme has issues loading too? These themes are simply made of html, css and javascript modifications, so I don’t believe they would be responsible for your errors. 

4 hours ago, picasso said:

@Dean_ I doubt it is related to the theme. Either you have some misconfiguration on the server level or some incompatible third-party app. Similar problem discussed here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/company/whats-new-in-460-r1229/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-221756

1 hour ago, Ehren said:

I imagine the default theme has issues loading too? These themes are simply made of html, css and javascript modifications, so I don’t believe they would be responsible for your errors. 

Thank you to both. I shall look into this.

I recently upgraded the modified Villain theme I purchased in March:

image.png.cc76ccdba51b6e3da3cd76962c5f2816.png

My Invision version currently is:

image.png.3b3379c42721f4a4887e684646620ba5.png

I logged in today to send an email but noticed an upgrade was needed -- so I try and upgrade to the newest Invision 4.6.2 and I get the following error:

image.thumb.png.e3bcaba785bb7cb786c541fc4e0631ac.png

I am unsure what to do at this point - what files should I backup with my theme so that I can restore if I am told to do a fresh theme install?  Can I simply disable the theme (using the IPS default theme, upgrade and then reenable the theme? 

Thank you in advance for your time!   

29 minutes ago, PCToolbin said:

Can I simply disable the theme (using the IPS default theme, upgrade and then reenable the theme? 

Yes, just try this simple step first. After upgrade run also Support Tool to clear caches.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, picasso said:

Yes, just try this simple step first. After upgrade run also Support Tool to clear caches.

Where is that support tool?  In my admin control panel, I go to "Support" and there are no tools there, only a way to ask a question and maybe submit it to tech support. 

UPDATE: This is pre-upgrade - just re-read your comment and you said to do this after upgrading to 4.6.2 - I assume this support area will appear different once it's upgraded?
image.thumb.png.09adc2016c97e4a39542ba58b010250f.png

13 minutes ago, PCToolbin said:

Where is that support tool?  In my admin control panel, I go to "Support" and there are no tools there, only a way to ask a question and maybe submit it to tech support.

You are on the right screen. Select "Something isn't working correctly" and the tool will automatically clear caches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PCToolbin said:

I recently upgraded the modified Villain theme I purchased in March:

My Invision version currently is:

I logged in today to send an email but noticed an upgrade was needed -- so I try and upgrade to the newest Invision 4.6.2 and I get the following error:

I am unsure what to do at this point - what files should I backup with my theme so that I can restore if I am told to do a fresh theme install?  Can I simply disable the theme (using the IPS default theme, upgrade and then reenable the theme? 

Thank you in advance for your time!   

Hello,

Technically you should upgrade your software first, followed by the theme. Using the 4.6.x Villain theme on a 4.5.4.2 forum will result in errors.

A general rule to follow is to make sure your theme and software versions are the same (ie. Villain 4.6 and Invision Community 4.6).

The warning message you're getting is to simply let you know that you have some modified template files. With that said, the topic, nameHistoryTable and guestSignUp template files shouldn't be modified unless you've modified them yourself. You can either revert those files, or install a fresh version of Villain 4.6 to ensure you're using an updated version :)