4.5 is out. Now time to wait for themes

Feneroin

It’s a nice time to get the stable release, I’m using 4.5.0 with the 4.4.10 skin and it’s mostly fine. I’ve had to tweak a little and ask Ehren to tidy bits I can’t figure - but it means that I can wait for the 4.5 theme without delaying other work I’ve had done.

• Like 1

Haven't checked in for a good long while, but thought I'd say hey! Holding off on the 4.5.0 upgrade until the "stable" release is more widely (wildly?) used. Skins happen when they happen of course. Will skins (in our case, Dimension) see much of a change in terms of UI changes in line with IPS' updated scheme, or stay more or less as per their original presentations with additional bolt-on goodies?

Congrats on the job upgrade as well Ehren! Things sound deeply positive, given that two-way design relationships are tighter knit. Very very cool.

13 hours ago, Ehren said:

The 4.5 themes are coming along nicely. I'll be releasing some later this week (including dark variations of existing themes) - so stay tuned! :)

If we have a custom theme, can we still upgrade to 4.5? Or would it break the theme if it was built for 4.4

8 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Will skins (in our case, Dimension) see much of a change in terms of UI changes in line with IPS' updated scheme, or stay more or less as per their original presentations with additional bolt-on goodies?

Welcome back! :) I usually try to keep themes looking the same, purely because if I make changes, customers typically ask how to revert to the "old layout". All of the 4.5 themes will heavily resemble their 4.4 versions, but will include a bunch of new features and code optimizations.

6 hours ago, Jakub03 said:

If we have a custom theme, can we still upgrade to 4.5? Or would it break the theme if it was built for 4.4

Some customers have used their 4.4 themes on 4.5, however there will be a risk that some features may not work as intended due to outdated code. I would suggest waiting for your theme to be upgraded to 4.5 if possible before you upgrade your software :)

On 8/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, Ehren said:

The 4.5 themes are coming along nicely. I'll be releasing some later this week (including dark variations of existing themes) - so stay tuned! :)

Can you say if Chameleon theme update will be releasing this week? ;)