Ehren

4.4.2 theme updates

All IPSfocus themes have just been updated for IPS Suite 4.4.2.

The theme updates for this version are very minimal - however this update also includes numerous improvements, including:

• Reverted numerous template files in an attempt to make future updates easier
  • The dropdown menu when viewing a Club has been neatened on mobiles
  • Fixed the grid layout in the Topic Thumbnail add-on
  • The “Manage album” dropdown menu can now wrap if necessary, preventing the layout from breaking in certain languages
  • Fixed the Enhanced User Profile add-on on mobiles
  • The alignment of the Network Status table has been fixed
  • Re-coded the “highlighted replies” feature to use css variables. This makes customising the highlighted posts much easier
  • Engraved: Fixed pagination colours when the page links were placed on a white background

It is recommended to install this latest update as a fresh theme since it includes reverted template files. The reverted template files will make future theme updates easier since they will now auto-update themselves.

If you'd prefer to use the "Upload new version" method, simply update your theme using that method and then revert the following template files. Reverting can be done by opening the template file and pressing the "Revert" button at the top right of the editor. Some of these templates can be ignored if you don't own the addons, or if the Revert button is disabled:

• core > front > global > mobileNavigation
  • core > front > clubs > members
  • calendar > front > view > comments
  • blog > front > view > comments
  • blog > front > browse > index
  • blog > front > browse > indexGrid
  • downloads > front > view > comments
  • gallery > front > view > comments

If you own Titan, Deflection, Chameleon, Chameleon Dark, Engraved, Spectum, Novus, Subway, Shift, Ortem, Dashboard, Elegant or Wireless, you should also revert:

• forums > front > index > index

The updated themes are available now from the Client Area and IPS Marketplace! :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Thank you!

Do you think it's safe now to update the theme as compared to reinstalling?  If I reinstall, all users lose their selected theme.

The latest update includes reverted template files, however I don’t think the upgrade system realizes this. This means that even though you’ve imported the 4.4.2 version, there will still be template files which are technically from 4.4.1 on your site because the modified files aren’t replaced by the reverted ones.

Feel free to use the “Upload new version” feature and then send me a username and password to your site and I’ll manually revert the template files for you. I’ll then write the instructions here for anyone else who wants to manually revert the template files too :) 

2 hours ago, Ehren said:

The latest update includes reverted template files, however I don’t think the upgrade system realizes this. This means that even though you’ve imported the 4.4.2 version, there will still be template files which are technically from 4.4.1 on your site because the modified files aren’t replaced by the reverted ones.

Feel free to use the “Upload new version” feature and then send me a username and password to your site and I’ll manually revert the template files for you. I’ll then write the instructions here for anyone else who wants to manually revert the template files too :) 

Hmm, I have 3 sites with 4 of your themes on each.  I think it would probably be easier to just upload new and reset everyone's choice.

I really hope IPS fixes this.

Good Day!

I also have a question - if it is answered somewhere else, I apologize for asking again. I could not find it by doing a search of the site.

I have two sites using Titan that I need to update. On both sites, I have it set up as using child themes - all my custom.css, etc. is only on the child theme with the parent not modified at all.

How do I go about doing the update to Titan 4.4.2 and keep all of my child theme edits, etc.?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Stormwolfe said:

Good Day!

I also have a question - if it is answered somewhere else, I apologize for asking again. I could not find it by doing a search of the site.

I have two sites using Titan that I need to update. On both sites, I have it set up as using child themes - all my custom.css, etc. is only on the child theme with the parent not modified at all.

How do I go about doing the update to Titan 4.4.2 and keep all of my child theme edits, etc.?

Thank you!

Some customers have experienced issues with the update method, however you should be able to use the "Upload new version" feature if you're using a parent/child setup.

The only difference with this update is the reverted template files, which the theme system will likely fail to recognise. If you can send me a PM with a username and password to your ACP (once you've upgraded your site and theme), I'll revert the necessary template files for you. I'll also write them down for other customers so they can do it themselves :)