New site design

Ehren

With the upcoming release of IPB 3, I decided to re-design the site so it resembles the colour scheme some-what.

The portfolio has also been recoded, and all premade skins have their own individual pages and previews.

If you are experiencing any major problems with the site, make sure you clear your cache (CTRL+F5 on windows). If you spot any bugs with the new design, please post them here so I can fix them. :)

New, matching forum skin may be coming soon depending on work load.

Thanks!

I really like what you have done with the skin previews and the portfolio section. It's possibly one of the best site this site has had.... ever! :)

Oh yeah (off topic a bit): Are you going to upgrade premade skins for IPB3, and then resell them, or will that be for the upgrade price, on a per-site basis?

I've just made the new skin visible.. it's only about 50% done (it's actually a modified version of the previous skin, so that's why the green buttons are still being used, even though they don't match at all).

I probably won't have too much time soon to finish it up, but I decided to make it default anyway because it matches the main site more :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question. Are the borders images made to be somewhat transparent or did you use styles to make them semi-transparent?

If you made them in PS semi-transparent, how did you do it?

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I try to make it transparent and it turns out wrong on the web page.

Yeah, they're just images - although you can use rgba in Firefox 3/Safari to achieve a semi-transparent colour aswell.

As far as making them in Photoshop - it's pretty much the same as making any other image. I just created a box and added the layer styles while lowering the opacity a little. Is there any part you're struggling with in particular?

Hah yeah, gif definitely won't give you the right result.

The side borders on this site aren't actually transparent (because the background is always the same colour), but the top/bottom borders are transparent.

• 2 weeks later...