Spammers

ThaJunkYardMan

Yeah - this site was spammed, and so was my photoshop tutorial site (and my brothers site was also spammed).

Seems like it's a mass spamming massacre on IPB forums.

To block them follow these steps:

1. Login to your admin cpanel

2. Management tab

3. Custom profile fields (from left menu)

4. Add new field

5. Field title: Bot control

Description: Please enter "123abc" into the following field to prove you are not a bot.

Field type: Text input

Max input: 6

Expected input format: nnnaaa

Include on register page? Yes

Field MUST be completed? Yes

The fields I didn't mention can be left as default.

Press "Add field" at the bottom, and you'll be good. The above steps add a form to the register page which requires a specific input (number, number, number, letter, letter, letter). If it's incorrect, the form won't submit. Keep in mind, it's still possible that the bot can get in if it enters the right input (even though the chances are probably less than 1%).

That fix doesn't work for me. I've tried it as well as AndyF's method as well, none work. The IPS spam protection fix doesn't work for me either. Bots keep registering constantly. I contacted IPS and gave them an account to check my ACP. We shall see what they figure out I suppose.

Bitter.

Sorry for the double post, but after speaking with IPS support for quite some time, they were able to confirm that the staff will work on a solution to this and release a permanent fix hopefully by tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. I will post an update if I get more information.

Bitter.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...