Sign in to follow this  
Jacck1500

Licensed Members

Question

I think a good way to keep rippers out, and a great way to prevent people with nulled IPB's board from entering the site would be for Ehren to verify new members to make sure they have a valid license. For example, I'd PM Ehren on the IPB company forums, and he'd see a little red cross by my name proving I am a active license holder.

This is similar to something invisiontweaks does, and it prevents your work from being ripped.

3 answers to this question

I doubt Ehren is too worried about his work getting ripped off.

He doesn't have a download link on the website to be taken from... and he will typically install the skin for you anyways.

Besides, what does he really care if you have IPB.Board or not ... If he gets paid for it and you don't have a legal version it isn't his fault or anything of the sorts...

Plus there is never any guaranteed way to not get ripped from other people online...

A nice idea in thought, but a large hassel in reality and with a hard-to-know success rate.

Yeah, it's a good idea but might be a little too much work. At this point, I'm fairly sure this skin hasn't been ripped because it has a few things that make it a little harder than usual. Either that, or no one wants this skin, lol.

None of my premades are kept online, and are only sent through email. And all of the skins which are available for download are for free so anyone is allowed to have them.

Good, plus for example my active support on IPS is expired at the time, but I have the licence. How would I prove that? - Nohow. I'm displayed as a regular member on IPS.