Theme updates: Enhancements and 4.3.3

Ehren

All themes have been updated and released in the Client Area and IPS Marketplace. The change notes for this release are:

• Minor HTML change for 4.3.3.
  • Subforum columns should now align better
  • Long subforum names are truncated
  • The default font has been changed to system fonts
  • New css variables allow for easier modifications

The update also includes bug fixes for anything reported in the customer forums, as always :)

8 hours ago, Ehren said:

The default font has been changed to system fonts

How do we get back to the old font? (Uniform)

what is the system font? Is the font on the device we use? If so, what are the benefits?

1 hour ago, uA_Y_C_A said:

How do we get back to the old font? (Uniform)

what is the system font? Is the font on the device we use? If so, what are the benefits?

Google fonts can be assigned within the theme settings, otherwise just apply your font using normal css.

body{
  font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;
}

The system font is the native font of the device. For Mac and iOS, it's called San Francisco. For Windows, it varies depending on the version. Using system fonts just helps to maintain consistency between your site and the OS you're using. They also load faster than web fonts since they're stored locally. :)

Did IPB give any sort of reason for why they felt this was necessary? None of my users like the change and I can't seem to get it restored to what was there before 4.3.3 without seriously messing everything else up in the process.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Did IPB give any sort of reason for why they felt this was necessary? None of my users like the change and I can't seem to get it restored to what was there before 4.3.3 without seriously messing everything else up in the process.

If you need help with your theme, post in the support area and I’ll be happy to assist. Changing the font is a very easy process :) 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Deltafox said:

Ipb 4.3.4 Build 103021 is out any change on theme?

Regards

The theme updates will be released tomorrow, but there's only one minor change to the Downloads addon. If you don't use Downloads, you don't need to update :)

• 1 month later...
  • Ehren locked this topic