persistent secondary nav

orp
Go to solution Solved by Ehren,

Do any of your themes have an option to switch from hover style secondary nav menus to a static secondary nav bar (like the default IPS 4.2.x theme)?

Specifically we are considering your Dimension or possibly Chameleon theme, so something along the lines of the attached mockup...

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.20.41 AM.jpg

• Solution

Hi orp,

The secondary navigation bar was intentionally removed all on ipsfocus themes in favour of the dropdown menus for two reasons. The first, it wasn't compatible with a majority of the themes so it was removed from them all for consistency. And the second, the navigation area quickly became cluttered when a large amount of links were displayed, so the bar was removed to simplify the navigation area.

There are no settings (or easy code modifications) to restore it, sorry about that!

That's too bad.

I also can't see any compatibility issues with the majority of your themes, from a design or technical standpoint. That mockup was done with some quick CSS edits in the Chrome dev tools. I simply didn't want to maintain such modifications myself because then every IPS upgrade could potentially break them and avoiding dealing with that is the whole reason we were consider buying a theme with a support plan.

It's also a rather large assumption to think that every customer wants a drop-down menu - if everyone had the same exact needs then you'd only offer a single theme.