Numerous 4.2.0 themes released

Ehren

In addition to Titan and Novus which were released for 4.2.0 a few weeks ago, I've just released 4.2.0 versions of Chameleon (light), Deflection, Shift and Subway. If you're an active subscriber of any of those themes, you can download the 4.2 updates for free from the Client Area.

Other 4.2 themes will be released over the coming weeks in a random order depending on when they're finished. If you've taken the plunge into 4.2, feel free to download the themes and let me know what you think! :)

3 hours ago, dokdok said:

One question: If I have not yet installed IPS 4.2 because I prefer to wait for it to be definitive and not Beta, can I still update my skin to version 4.2 or does this work ONLY with IPS 4.2?

It only works with 4.2.

If you try to install a 4.2 theme on a 4.1 forum, expect a multitude of problems.

1 hour ago, Tunbay said:

What about Elegant theme 4.2 release?

On 26/06/2017 at 1:31 PM, Ehren said:

Other 4.2 themes will be released over the coming weeks in a random order depending on when they're finished.

:)

One of my themes is compatible with the beta, yet my main site uses snapshot which isn't yet.

I think it's a great decision to support the betas, as it allows us to upgrade and get things ready for the final release. I have been testing these past few days and a lot of my custom work is actually unbroken which impresses me.

Thanks @Ehren

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ehren said:

The guest message is still available, check the 4.2 tutorials ;) 

I'm actually seeing some weird behaviour in my 4.2 dev site.

If you narrow the width of your site, it also forces the background to show smaller.

2 minutes ago, joey_m said:

I'm actually seeing some weird behaviour in my 4.2 dev site.

If you narrow the width of your site, it also forces the background to show smaller.

That's probably working as intended. Please post in the customer area if you're having issues since support isn't offered in News topics :) 

4 hours ago, steve bullman said:

any time frame for dimension please?

Hello,

Other 4.2 themes will be released over the coming weeks in a random order depending on when they're finished.

Dimension is currently being coded, however ETA's for themes aren't provided since they can usually take longer than expected ;) 

1 hour ago, steve bullman said:

Cool.  I'm finally going live with ips next weekend, wondering if I should do it with 4.2 :)   You have seen my development site, is updating the skin and software likely to break all the custom work I've done?

You'll need to reapply your theme modifications. The theme is coded from scratch and the code is significantly different, so it's not an automatic update like other minor upgrades.

You'll also need to re-add the ipsfocus copyright unless you purchase copyright removal, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. :)

11 hours ago, JVCode said:

Is Elegant going to be updated to work with 4.2 beta ?  if so, what's the time frame for this? 

Regards,

Hello,

On 08/07/2017 at 9:47 AM, Ehren said:

ETA's for themes aren't provided since they can usually take longer than expected

Elegant has not yet been started, so unfortunately I don't have an ETA, sorry!