• 0
Sir.BEEF

Adding admin for the first time on 4.1

Question

So i want to add my self as admin to upload themes...etc. on 4.1 and i can't find a feature that allows me or i can't think of one actually.

How can i add my self as admin to moderate the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

@Sir.BEEF when you install the software you create admin account. It has all privileges by default. Admin panel can be accessed at /admin address (or from user menu - link with padlock icon)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Nebthtet said:

@Sir.BEEF when you install the software you create admin account. It has all privileges by default. Admin panel can be accessed at /admin address (or from user menu - link with padlock icon)

What if someone creates an account before me? he's the one who becomes admin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
43 minutes ago, Sir.BEEF said:

What if someone creates an account before me? he's the one who becomes admin?

Multiple admins can be assigned. But new admins can only be assigned by an existing admin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Ehren said:

Multiple admins can be assigned. But new admins can only be assigned by an existing admin. 

how to make the first admin i don't get it, by just registering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
27 minutes ago, Sir.BEEF said:

how to make the first admin i don't get it, by just registering?

 

3 hours ago, Nebthtet said:

@Sir.BEEF when you install the software you create admin account. It has all privileges by default. Admin panel can be accessed at /admin address (or from user menu - link with padlock icon)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Sir.BEEF first question is - do you self host or maybe use something like IPS Cloud? If for some reason you can't access main admin account and self host you can give admin privileges by manually editing user group of a member. But that requires at least absolutely basic knowledge of PHPMyAdmin or some other software that can edit these databases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now