tykra

Sidebar Blocks Guide

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello,

Click the arrow on the left side of your screen when signed in as an Admin and you'll be able to drag and drop blocks into your sidebar.

Nevermind, I've just checked your site and you're using 3.x still. The arrow is only on 4.x

I can't remember the exact method for changing blocks in 3.x, but it's done via the ACP. They're called hooks.

Yes,  I have the upgraded software offline.   I found out how to enable it though.   I was in admin group AND moderator group and had to go into mod group and enable it.

• Like 1

I have the same issue as tykra. I recently upgraded from 3x to 4x and for the life of me, I cannot see an arrow on the left of my forum home screen to add hooks, despite being logged in as an Admin.

I added Pages as an application and enabled it, and I see in the view details page (screenshot) a list of the hooks, but there is no arrow to add them on the forums list screen. Is there a step that I'm missing?

I'm using the CARBON theme.
hooks.jpg.c0113fe574e3ffdcc8f3f8454910adda.jpg

Edited by zonerz
Nevermind, I think I found the answer on the IPS board. It looks like I have to create a page and then add all of the elements of my board to that. I'm hoping that's where I'll see the arrow that extends the Block Manager. Thanks.

1 hour ago, zonerz said:

I recently upgraded from 3x to 4x and for the life of me, I cannot see an arrow on the left of my forum home screen to add hooks, despite being logged in as an Admin.

If the issue is happening with the default theme too, contact IPS for help :)

Yes, it was on the default theme as well, and after fighting with it long enough, I opened a ticket.  Thanks.

• Like 1

You need to change your permissions in all groups that you are a member of.   I was in admin and moderator and had to set it to be viewable in both of those groups.

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. I totally missed the permissions associated with Staff. I had only set permissions for Groups. I can see the tab now.

• Like 1