Skin rippers

Ehren

From now on, if anyone is caught ripping, or mimicking skins from this site, or any other site, they will be banned on the spot - no questions asked. Ripping gets very annoying, especially if the original creator puts a lot of time and effort into the skin, only to find out that someone else has copied it.

So yeah - One person was caught this morning ripping a skin from another skin site. Just about to ban them now. Don't let it happen to you. ;)

New design will be coming soon. :thumbs:

I know for a fact there are rippers on here, I even reported one to Ghost...nothing was done about it.

But I agree 100% that all rippers should be banned on the spot, as well as people using nulled IP .Board software...I think it is the most ANNOYING thing ever. Good job beefing up the security here and the rules, it is a change for the best for sure.

Bitter.

I'm glad to see this get done. While a friend of mine was banned, I think what he did was horrible still.

Heh, take it as a compliment sorta :P

People want your stuff because it looks good xD

Down side...you lose work, hundreds of hours put into work is stolen, etc.

Haha, a compliment indeed :)

It's okay.. I guess they just can't do it without us, haha.

The thing that really ticks me off most of all is when they say "I'm a professional ripper". Hahha, I'm not sure what it takes to become a "professional" ripper, because it's copying another persons work.

Another thing is when they say: "Don't take credit for this rip, and don't redistribute it". It's funny because they're taking credit for the work that the REAL creator did, and they're redistributing the rip even though it's not allowed at all.

Stupid rippers, haha.. little noobs they are.

If by released, you mean sold.. then most likely, yes.

But that'll only happen if people like the new design.. ;)

He He.. :blush: At what cost I wonder (PM me if you don't want to reveal it on here)

& you know people would love the new design.. Wasn't this the reason you had rippers in the 1st place :P

You got an ETA? Or is it just a case of when it's ready. It's ready.. ;)

He He.. :blush: At what cost I wonder (PM me if you don't want to reveal it on here)

& you know people would love the new design.. Wasn't this the reason you had rippers in the 1st place :P

You got an ETA? Or is it just a case of when it's ready. It's ready.. ;)

It'll be finished when I can be bothered to work on it, haha.

The site design is done, but I'm yet to start on the forum skin.

I might give this skin away as a free one.. still yet to decide.

You should sell this skin for a small price, say $20+ because it is a nice skin. And it would suck to see all the effort wasted. In my opinion, most, if not, all skins should cost at least a small amount because effort goes into these skins, whether people agree or not, and some of us make a living off of it. People ripping skins makes us look like what we do is worth nothing. I get so annoyed at that. Rippers are dumb. They really are. They aren't good at anything, so they try to rip other people's stuff to make themselves feel better that they have no purpose.

Bitter.

I wish IPS would make the skinning system a bit more advanced....

I mean hiding the copyright is so easy. White background - change copyright text to white.

CSS is so open to theft, however that can't be hidden much.

The only hard part I would imagine is HTML edits to skins because you can't really just copy and paste like you would in CSS I would imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this one site that has a lot of skin rips. They were also using nulled ipb board. I reported them to Ipb, but they have offshore hosting so nothing has happened.

Yeah i have been an associate with a few IPB owners, and then i found out they had nulled software so i havent communicated with them since.

One associate's site that i never visited had ripped a skin, and guess what.....it was one of mine. lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

"Rippers" can't edit your site.. they just do a very very basic copy of your skin by copy/pasting the css and some html.. most of the time the rips are pretty poor. They're only common on large sites or very unique skins.