4.1.17 theme updates

Ehren

2 minutes ago, Ehren said:

All ipsfocus themes have been upgraded and released for IPS.Suite 4.1.17. The update is fairly critical and includes compatibility for new features such as the leaderboard.

Customers can download the updated themes from their Client Area! :)

(That you know of) Have IPS fixed that bug yet with updating themes, IE: Does it still have to be a fresh install of the theme rather than "Upgrade"?

Ahh jeez, didn't even think an issue like that would happen. The IPS dev's should use existing colours from the theme settings instead of hard coding them - doing so would prevent issues like this!

It's 2:00am local time so I'll fix it first thing in the morning!

Got it looking relatively okay using custom css for the meantime on spectrum. 

2016-12-06_17-34-03.png

.cPastLeaders_cell { 	background: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); }
.cPastLeaders_cell:after  { color: white; }
.cPastLeaders_cellEmpty { 	background: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); }
.cPastLeaders_title span { background: transparent; }

• Like 1

Numerous bugs have been fixed on my demo board, including improvements to the breadcrumb navigation (which is now pure css instead of images) and the Profile page on mobiles and tablets. The leaderboard has also been fixed in all themes.

I'll let the changes sit for a while to make sure there are no further bugs - then I'll export all themes in a few hours at which point they'll be available to download!

6 hours ago, Ehren said:

Numerous bugs have been fixed on my demo board, including improvements to the breadcrumb navigation (which is now pure css instead of images) and the Profile page on mobiles and tablets. The leaderboard has also been fixed in all themes.

I'll let the changes sit for a while to make sure there are no further bugs - then I'll export all themes in a few hours at which point they'll be available to download!

Have they been uploaded too invisionpower's marketplace? Didn't get any new version notification from them. 

On 12/6/2016 at 7:37 AM, Ero-Neko said:

(That you know of) Have IPS fixed that bug yet with updating themes, IE: Does it still have to be a fresh install of the theme rather than "Upgrade"?

I have been doing the "update" method for the past few theme updates ... no issues that I have noticed.

On 9 Dec 2016 at 2:38 AM, autumnwalker said:

I have been doing the "update" method for the past few theme updates ... no issues that I have noticed.

I tried this myself last weekend. First updated my test forum (after of course making backups of forum and DB's) then when I didn't see anything going wrong on my test forum, I updated my main forum through IPS update.

It worked like a charm. 

Just make sure you have backups of everything before you skip the manual update, what works for me or 'autumwalker' may not work for your specific board.
Still, What a relief! No more manual skin updates...  whoop,whoop! *\o/*

• Ehren locked this topic